Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got out last Saturday for some early season backcountry hiking on Berthoud Pass. We did four laps and had a great time. It felt good to ride some pow once again.

Conditions are thin, but way more snow than is usually out there at this time of year.

Some video for you. Turn it up loud.

http://vimeo.com/77554340

And some pics. No Name does not look far off. Might be a small early season window to get her done.

Had some great clouds over the continental Divide.

And of course there was some powder to ski and ride on.

Even the dogs had fun.

Hope you enjoy it. :)

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
fuck yea.

I did 4 laps on chair one today and tbh it kicked my fattass. (I did crash on my head one time)
nice pics.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I can't believe no one is giving me shit for not putting the song as trapped under ice. It is from ride the lightning but oooops.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
love the chase dog makes me miss mine. Good to see guys hitting the hills.
We have so cold temps and some of our local hills are blowing snow. not sure how long it will last but from the pics hoping some snow or cold works it's way east to stay

·
Registered
964 Posts
Great pics and vid Killz. Saturday was actually pretty awesome day snow and weather wise. It was cool running into you in the warming hut.

On a side note, I think you need to make a longer vid and just set it to the entire Ride the Lightning album. ...just sayin'.

Old school Metallica, hell yeah! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Awesome! Very jealous here.

Have you ever hit your dog on a run? If I took my dog out there, he would just stand right in the way every time.

Jason

·
The Swiss Miss
7,448 Posts
Sweet! Getting stoked even more seing these first pics of the season :eusa_clap:
Could you add the link to the vid? (Don't see to, again :rolleyes:)

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is the biggest danger snowboarding with your dog is clipping them. My previous dog got clipped bad by a snowboarder and it severed his achilles tendon. It was a pain getting him out, but the vet was able to fix him up. After about $1k in bills. Worth every penny though.

So you have to be willing to stop in the worst spots at times. Cody is pretty good about staying out of my way. Usually a few verbal commands and he dodges out of my way. Dude was excited since it was the first day out, so he was a little more in my way than usual. He loves getting out there as much as anyone.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very jealous, I wont be riding for at least another month. SOmetimes we dont have riding here till christmas.

And powder like that, well i wont see powder till march (Cant wait for the yearly trip to utah.)

I've always wondered how my dog would handle chasing on the mountain.

I do intend on taking him on a small hill with me somewhere and seeing what happens (I live in toronto, Ontario) so no real backcountry here, but i can go to a ski resort of the past and just walk or drive up if theres a road.

He's a beagle, so I would worry less about hitting him and more about him getting distracted by a squirrel and running off. Hes pretty good off leash in the park (only took 5 years of constant frustration, approximately 30 combined hours of my life spent calling for him in the park, and another 30 hoping he would show up at the house), but if i lost him while snowboarding he would be too far from home to find his way back.

I'm also not sure if beagles are physically up to chasing, maybe for an hour, but i dont think he could last much more than that in the snow.

·
Registered
312 Posts
"After about $1k in bills. Worth every penny though.":thumbsup:
Good man!...respect:) and GREAT VIDEO!!! got me even MORE stoked to get out there!

That is the biggest danger snowboarding with your dog is clipping them. My previous dog got clipped bad by a snowboarder and it severed his achilles tendon. It was a pain getting him out, but the vet was able to fix him up. After about $1k in bills. Worth every penny though.

So you have to be willing to stop in the worst spots at times. Cody is pretty good about staying out of my way. Usually a few verbal commands and he dodges out of my way. Dude was excited since it was the first day out, so he was a little more in my way than usual. He loves getting out there as much as anyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts