Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first learned to snowboard last year and after renting once I borrowed my uncles old snowboard that is a 156 cm Solo that is probably at least 10 years oldand have used that a few times. I have been seeing a lot of sales so I have been looking to get my own board that is a little more up to date. I want something that is all mountain because I want to learn how to ride some park but also I like riding groomers and want to try powder riding. I have been looking at the K2 Raygun and the Rome Tour but I am not sure if these would be the best options. I am comfortable on blue hills so I just want to know if I should look at something better or cheaper. I am about 5, 11 and 160 pounds with a size thirteen boot. I am 17 so I might grow more and my budget is anything right around 350$ and under. Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
I first learned to snowboard last year and after renting once I borrowed my uncles old snowboard that is a 156 cm Solo that is probably at least 10 years oldand have used that a few times. I have been seeing a lot of sales so I have been looking to get my own board that is a little more up to date. I want something that is all mountain because I want to learn how to ride some park but also I like riding groomers and want to try powder riding. I have been looking at the K2 Raygun and the Rome Tour but I am not sure if these would be the best options. I am comfortable on blue hills so I just want to know if I should look at something better or cheaper. I am about 5, 11 and 160 pounds with a size thirteen boot. I am 17 so I might grow more and my budget is anything right around 350$ and under. Thanks a lot.
Haven't ridden these boards myself but from what I understand you probably can't go wrong with either. Make sure you get a wide tho. ^_~

·
Registered
612 Posts
look for an allmountain board probably around 157-160 (im assuming your going to gain some weight) your gonna need a wide board, and try to find something with a flex rating around 5 to 6.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Thanks guys but I already bought the K2 raygun 2 weeks ago and I love it.
Good choice. Out of curiosity, what size did you get? Because I'm considering buying it myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts