Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i just bought a capita horrorscope 155w 2012/2013 model and was wondering binding would go well with an intermediate park rider trying to get a bit better at jibs rails and jumps

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It all depends on what you are wanting from your binding. Flex? Response? Skate feel? Lite weight? Durable?

Everyone has a different style and a different preference. What's yours?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It all depends on what you are wanting from your binding. Flex? Response? Skate feel? Lite weight? Durable?

Everyone has a different style and a different preference. What's yours?
Not to sure yet I had flow bindings before worked fine for me started doing rails and what not but trying to find something to kind of match my board and be some what reliable

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Look up some bindings that you like and match your set up. Look for a mid to soft flex binding. Something for jibbing/park with all mountain mixed in. Come back and post make and models and members can give you an idea of what your looking at and which direction to go.

I personally hate flows. And I don't like even telling people I have owned a pair.

Starters.

Union
Nitro
Burton
Salomon
Flux
K2
Rome

Should give you a good start.

I use to avoid salomon brand because they make ski shit. But you can't deny their new tech and ever since owning the Hologram I'm a huge fan now. Check out the Hologram and the District. Most comfortable binding I have owned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But i was also looking for other people opinion on a good park bindings since its my first time trying to understand flex stiffness and response

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too ride park, and I have a Capita horrorscope 153. I ride with union flites and i gotta say they are awesome. perfect for presses and easy maneuvering. Do recommend. And they are LIGHT as hell.

All my gear is 2012/2013

·
Registered
548 Posts
There is a 30$ difference b/t the two.

Both makes good products.

The union has a minidisc which has less contact with board better feel. Last year s model had great cushioning.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I can't speak for Flux but union makes awesome bindings and the contact pro has a Cush foot bed and the new mini disc like previously stated. And I know for a fact the rest of the binding is well made. My vote is contact pro.

Burton Malavita is right there with it too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts