Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm reaching here, but I got my first indication that next season (in North America/Europe) is coming.

Received a notice from CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) to renew my membership for 2013-2014.

Done!!:yahoo:

Now bring on the snow!

Also, saw that GNU has updated their website with the 2014 boards.

Anybody else seeing anything looking ahead to the 2014 season?

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Dunno but when do other year round riders stop counting days as for this year vs next year? What 12 month time frame do you use? Usually we start counting our days with our summer sessions at hood but I may start this year with august 1.....

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Snowed lightly at the top of Loveland yesterday. Nights are getting cold enough I can see my breath again. Might attempt to snowboard next week but honestly I just don't give a fuck at this point.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've been stoked for next season for a while. My goal is to break 15 days, lame I know. :giggle:

Looking for new pants and jacket already.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I've been stoked for next season for a while. My goal is to break 15 days, lame I know. :giggle:

Looking for new pants and jacket already.
Hey I stopped comparing myself to the 100 days a year guys. Lucky for them. But I'm a guy who loves snowboarding. Not a "snowboarder" in the strict sense.

I get up as much as I can, but 3 hours from Bear Mountain, 6 from Mammoth, and a small business, it is what it is. Those days I get on are surreal though. 20-30 days a year is my sweet spot.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Hmmm, for once out here in the PNW we're actually having a "Summer". We've had nothing but sun all month (as in NO RAIN, which is unheard of for us in western WA), and we're slated to stay that way into August. The only reason I know Summer is slowly creeping towards fall right now is due to the fact that the dark is coming in earlier (so I gotta stop skating earlier), and the dew is actually showing up now. The new skatepark in town makes summer bearable for me though, so for once, I'm in no hurry to see it leave. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Snowed lightly at the top of Loveland yesterday. Nights are getting cold enough I can see my breath again. Might attempt to snowboard next week but honestly I just don't give a fuck at this point.
Was it snow or hail? I hear some say snow and others said hail... If it is snow that's pretty badass.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hmmm, for once out here in the PNW we're actually having a "Summer". We've had nothing but sun all month (as in NO RAIN, which is unheard of for us in western WA), and we're slated to stay that way into August. The only reason I know Summer is slowly creeping towards fall right now is due to the fact that the dark is coming in earlier (so I gotta stop skating earlier), and the dew is actually showing up now. The new skatepark in town makes summer bearable for me though, so for once, I'm in no hurry to see it leave. :)
Is it getting dark before midnight now? :laugh:

·
Registered
786 Posts
But are those some of the best 15 days of the year for you? If you answered yes then NOT LAME!
My few days snowboarding are definitely the best of the year. I have plans for 3 trips coming together already this season. And one of them is set in stone. All of them at new places! :thumbsup:

I'm not out to impress anyone, I just love being on the mountain with my friends and riding!!! And it's more fun every time!

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
Lol and some people say god is real does that make it true?
:question:

????Come On Guys!!!!!!????

He compared God to BA!!!?????? ...regarding Snowboarding!!!!
Somebody here has GOT to say it,..... :huh:

...if I say it, I'm going to start to sound like some kind of brown nose, ass kissing sycophant!!!!! :D
(...either that or BA's libel to think I'm sweet on him!!!!) :laugh:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
Your comprehension skills are legendary.
...as are your sarcasm recognition skills, obviously!:giggle::eusa_clap:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
...Edit: for the simplejack ↓ . My comment is not affected by the fact your post contains "sarcasm" or not.
Edit: for simplesimon ↑ .
-sigh-

...While I did paraphrase (miplatt88's) comment and altered to some extent their initial intent and or meaning,..

He/she questioned BA’s ability to distinguish between Snow and Hail!
After having been confronted with the utter ridiculousness of that questioning,.. they followed up with comparing the empirical truth, accuracy and rationality of belief in a Supreme Deity, with BA’s veracity in, once again,.. being able to distinguish between the various forms of frozen precipitation he has encountered! (...an "Obvious" non sequitur if ever I heard one!!!)

For the sake of “comedic effect”, brevity, and sarcastic whimsy,.. I took some poetic license and “tweaked” his/her meaning and intent when making my comment. All for the sake of the “Joke!” Again, all in the spirit of good natured ribbing and sarcasm that this forum is famous for,.. as well as for plain Ol’ just to have something to do cuz snow is a good four months away, and I’m bored with 100º+ heat!!!!!

So, in closing. I sincerely hope I have demonstrated to your complete satisfaction and approval, my ability for “genuine comprehension!” IDK,.. maybe my comprehension skills are not as “Legendary” as you so eloquently stated, in light of the fact that I can not tell if you commented as you did because you are a “Total Douche” or just because you were “going along with the joke!!” (...I guess context is King!!!)

Have I been clear enough with this post in explaining my initial comprehension, meaning and intent?
...or in other words, comprende Jack-

off?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts