Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking at getting some new bindings to replace my broken Rome 390s. There's some good deals on currently as it's the end of the Aussie season. I'm tossing up between the Fix Truce or the Nitro Rambler. I ride a 157mw Rome National, more into getting my carving down and never go into the park.

Anyone go any experience with either? the main differences I see are that the Nitros have canting, mini disk and and adjustable heelcup. Both get good reviews in the few I can dig up online.

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
55 Posts
Personally, I'd get something more high end than that for your National. That's a nice board and deserves more than beginner bindings. It'd be like putting plastic fins on your new DHD.

Of the two, I'd go with the Nitros. But, neither has great dampening or straps, and they're both just kinda plasticy and cheap. Atleast the Nitros can adjust more.

Why stray from Rome? The newest 390s, DODs, Katanas, and Vices are sick. Bataleon's new bindings based off of Romes are also really nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Do you think it's a better idea to keep the 390s and get some new straps for them? I was thinking of the other bindings as the cost of the straps is more than the Truce and about the same as the Ramblers. I thought something a bit newer than the 2016 390s would be better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Do you think it's a better idea to keep the 390s and get some new straps for them? I was thinking of the other bindings as the cost of the straps is more than the Truce and about the same as the Ramblers. I thought something a bit newer than the 2016 390s would be better.
The 390s (and all Romes/Bataleons) from last season on have a new chassis that's super lightweight, very damp (especially if you get the duracush), and has tons of adjustability. I've seen the 390s from last season hovering around $200 USD, not sure about prices in Aus, but they're definitely worth it. You can also get the Pureflex ankle straps directly from Rome for $35 USD, again not sure about Aus, but that seems like a good deal if you just need to fix your old ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can get the current 390s for $290AUD ($195US) or the Vice for $310AUD ($205US). Im just wondering if I'll notice much of a difference as I only get in 10 or so days a year and whether the cost is worthwhile.

I asked the Rome distributor about new straps but they said they wouldn't be 100% compatible, after seeing them in the shop the other day I don't believe that as the ladders & buckles look identical to mine. The local shop gave me a price of $170AUS ($112US) for the Pure Flex straps, ladders and buckles, which is insane. I've again asked the distributor if they will sell me just the straps as my ladders and buckles are fine. They sold me new toe straps with no problem a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can get the current 390s for $290AUD ($195US) or the Vice for $310AUD ($205US). Im just wondering if I'll notice much of a difference as I only get in 10 or so days a year and whether the cost is worthwhile.

I asked the Rome distributor about new straps but they said they wouldn't be 100% compatible, after seeing them in the shop the other day I don't believe that as the ladders & buckles look identical to mine. The local shop gave me a price of $170AUS ($112US) for the Pure Flex straps, ladders and buckles, which is insane. I've again asked the distributor if they will sell me just the straps as my ladders and buckles are fine. They sold me new toe straps with no problem a couple of years ago.
That’s a great deal on the Vices. I’d go for those 100%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts