Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Yes Typo 159w, Rome black label bindings, thirty-two tm-2 in 11.5 wide w/ intuition power wrap liner
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the market for a flat to rocker board I can butter around on and hit side hits while accompanying my wife or parents on green runs.

I am currently considering the:

-Rome party mod in 157w
-arbor westmark rocker 154w

I am 6’4”
190 lbs
Size 11.5 wide boots

Are there any other boards I should consider?

Also I just sized my boot down to an 11.5 from a 12.5. If I rock angles like 12-12 or 15-15 could I potentially just ride normal width boards?
This would significantly open up my options

·
Registered
Yes Typo 159w, Rome black label bindings, thirty-two tm-2 in 11.5 wide w/ intuition power wrap liner
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude, I think that I will like it as well. I’m mostly hesitant because I feel like 157w is kinda close in size to my Typo in 159w, which I use for all mountain. I kinda imagined my party/freestyle board would be more like 154-155.

Although I have seen exactly 0 westmark rockers for sale in size154mw

I should probably get over it and just grab the Party Mod, it seams nearly perfect for my needs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a size 12.0 boot and I absolutely LOVE my Rome Mod Rocker 157W. It is a really fun, playful board that is still powerful enough to haul ass on groomers. It is really stable and a blast to ride at any speed. I think you'll dig it.
How much do you weigh?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Cool, I’m also 6’4 but I’m about 5-10 lbs heavier.

I feel like all the signs are pointing towards the Party Mod
It's a super fun board for sure. Great for just cruzing the mountain and buttering around. It is stable enough to go fast and great for jumps etc. The flat profile is super stable and will still work in powder if you set it back a little bit. I have other boards for powder, but I've ridden the Party Mod in 2-3 inches of fresh/choppy snow and it held its own. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Party Mod rocks especially for your size. Definitely works in powder if you set it back, great on groomers and side hits for that loose and playful feel, but it's not a noodle so holds up for bigger guys. Pretty much a one-board quiver for someone who likes rocker boards.

And get the wide with an 11.5. You can get away with a normal width board up to maybe 11 if you're riding 159+ length typically but at 11.5 you're gonna boot out a lot unless you're on a wide.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Cool, I’m also 6’4 but I’m about 5-10 lbs heavier.

I feel like all the signs are pointing towards the Party Mod
You'd love it. I have the 156 and selling the 157W because I downsized my boots to a 9. It's absolutely perfect for what you described. My favorite board from last season.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am looking for the same type of setup and both of those boards are at the top of my list. I am guessing you are referencing the 21/22 Westmark, but the 22/23 Westmark was redesigned with a new tip shape, wider waist, shorter EE, and less sidecut. I am not 100% sure if the Rocker now has the flip tips like the Frank April versions.

With all the tech in the Party Mod, it sounds like a super fun board. I have a Rome Buckshot and I wouldnt hesitate to buy another Rome. Avran (angry snowboarder) bought a Party Mod for himself which says something, but he also owned like 5 Westmark Rockers.

Right now I am leaning towards the Westmark because I like some of the changes they made, but I am sure I would be just as happy with the Party Mod. It doesn't look like there are wide specific versions of the Westmark Rocker for 22/23, and the waist is 25.6 on the 157 which could be tight with your 11.5's. If you can snag last years 154W, it may be the better option in terms of width. But the Grip Tech does add a little extra girth under foot...

The Scott Stevens Pro and Public Display were on my radar too. The Stevens may be too soft, and the Display too stiff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just moved on from my 156 cm 2018 westmark rocker and it was an absolute blast. great for side hits and butters while the edge tech still holds you in most carves. One thing I noticed is that it did feel more on the heavier side. Spoke to other westmark riders on the mountain and most agreed. I downsized to a 152 salomon huck knife and it has been a massive improvement. the flex is soft, camber is nice, handles side hits and butters even better.. and feels lighter (could just be personal preference). haven't ridden it in powder yet tho.

As far as boot sizing, don't really have much advise but it seems like the other comments got it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I could find the westmark rocker in a 154MW I would have most likely already bought it, but I have not seen one for sale anywhere. The Party Mod also seems great but in his review of it The Angry Snowboarder rode the 153 and he also weighs 190lbs +. I have a larger boot than Avran so I am pretty sure that means I need to stick with wide sizes. The Party Mod will not be too much board for me at 157w, but I already have my Yes Typo 159w as my all mountain freestyle board and I just wanted something different to play around with while I ride greens and blues with the fam. Something for side hits, butters and maybe the occasional trip to the park.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
If I could find the westmark rocker in a 154MW I would have most likely already bought it, but I have not seen one for sale anywhere. The Party Mod also seems great but in his review of it The Angry Snowboarder rode the 153 and he also weighs 190lbs +. I have a larger boot than Avran so I am pretty sure that means I need to stick with wide sizes. The Party Mod will not be too much board for me at 157w, but I already have my Yes Typo 159w as my all mountain freestyle board and I just wanted something different to play around with while I ride greens and blues with the fam. Something for side hits, butters and maybe the occasional trip to the park.
It's not flat-to-rocker, but the Gnu Finest (used to be Space Case) was my favorite "ride with the kids" board of all time. The C2X profile is a bit more stable than full rocker but it's still really loose and playful.

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
The dark horse in this category that always gets overlooked is the K2 Bottle Rocket. Volume twin, so you shouldn’t need a “wide”. I would put it up there with the Party Mod for versatility and fun.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Own/ed both of those boards. Hell owned 5 Westmark rockers, get the Party Mod. Hands down better board, better pow float, more snap, and the sidecut is better. Yeah you lose the Griptech but it's super solid. I can pretty much get any board I want these days and there's a reason I went out and bought a Party Mod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts