Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought some Flow Fenix bindings to go on my new board, both which I only used over the slushy easter holiday. A couple of days ago when taking off the bindings so I can fit in my new K2 Party Platter in my snowboard bag I noticed that the topsheet behind the back binding was lifting up. I filled out the the boards warranty application but realised later the spot where it is lifting is where lock on the highback touches the board.

It seems like a pretty open and shut case but a Google search can't find any other cases of this happening.

Anyone else had any experiences like this???

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
I bought some Flow Fenix bindings to go on my Bataleon, both which I only used over the slushy easter holiday. A couple of days ago when taking off the bindings so I can fit in my new K2 Party Platter in my snowboard bag I noticed that the topsheet behind the back binding was lifting up. I filled out the Bataleon warranty application but realised later the spot where it is lifting is where lock on the highback touches the board.

It seems like a pretty open and shut case but a Google search can't find any other cases of this happening.

Pics or it didn't happen

TT

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought some Flow Fenix bindings to go on my Bataleon, both which I only used over the slushy easter holiday. A couple of days ago when taking off the bindings so I can fit in my new K2 Party Platter in my snowboard bag I noticed that the topsheet behind the back binding was lifting up. I filled out the Bataleon warranty application but realised later the spot where it is lifting is where lock on the highback touches the board.

I can't speak to your Party Platter, but I got 2 sessions with my new Flow Fenix on my Nidecker Merc and no such issue. I don't feel like my highback lock was impacting the board even in full down mode, it was just behind touching the deck I think, but maybe I'm wrong. No marks whatsoever on my Nidecker....

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,906 Posts
What angles are you riding? If you're really +/+, that might be why it's hitting the board. It might also be why you're not finding much in the way of corroborating stories.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What angles are you riding? If you're really +/+, that might be why it's hitting the board. It might also be why you're not finding much in the way of corroborating stories.
On my back foot binding its 0° and front +15°. But the damage is only behind my back foot, which makes sense seeing that's the one that get open and shut 100 times a day.
I cropped a photo. Hopefully it's unrecognisable to warranty trolls (I'm paranoid, I know).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, that doesn't look like lift line or binding damage to me. Looks like a mfg defect IMO. You should be able to get in and out of bindings all day long without causing that kind of damage, if the board can't take that very small amount of impact force from the binding over and over then to me that means it was poorly manufactured.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my back foot binding its 0° and front +15°. But the damage is only behind my back foot, which makes sense seeing that's the one that get open and shut 100 times a day.
I cropped a photo. Hopefully it's unrecognisable to warranty trolls (I'm paranoid, I know). View attachment 158210
I don't see any possible way that damage is from the Flows. I have your exact model of bindings, even if they were hitting and damaging the deck, it wouldn't be that wide or that uniform across the whole damage area. That's looks 100% like a manufacturing defect. I hope they do the right thing, I own a company and if someone showed me that for my product, I'd refund and / or replace. Good luck Goof

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've been riding flows for about 15 years, many different models, many different boards, but pretty much +15/-12 or +15/-15 stance and have never had this issue. It is odd that it would happen to be at the same spot as your binding but I would think it is a board defect.

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,906 Posts
I've been riding flows for about 15 years, many different models, many different boards, but pretty much +15/-12 or +15/-15 stance and have never had this issue. It is odd that it would happen to be at the same spot as your binding but I would think it is a board defect.
It would make sense if that's where the maximum torque is being applied to the board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts