Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, hoping someone can give me some information here as frankly flow are Useless!!!

Basically the ratchet on the power strap or whatever you want to call it has lost a screw and as such isn't connected.

piccy

You would think it would be easy to get a simple answer from Flow to the size of screw I need to replace it but its an electronic black hole with their warranty or general info emails and ringing the UK warranty number simply doesn't get answered (after ringing the number given and being told to ring a different one).

Any one any idea where to get a replacement, or even the size I need, I don't have any board shops where I live so popping into a local one isn't an option, though I am starting to wonder if a 2 hour drive to the snowdome would be worth it.

Any help/info gratefully received.

Gav

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
get it on the hill when u go next.

even if they don't have the exact parts, most hills will have a frankenbox for everything. half the time these repairs cost me $5, the other half, a beer.

btw that is a hella standard screw that is the same in almost every ratchet.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think I lost the same screw you're talking about. I emailed flow and they sent me another one along with a couple of stickers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Ive tried emailing them and calling them, get absolutely no help or even response from an email.

Got to love the UK support :thumbsdown:

Have managed to work out the thread size #10-32) and cut a screw down to fit (typically since the UK works in metric couldn't just go buy one form the local hardware shop either!)

Sorted now tho, no thanks to Flow at all. Can safely say I wouldn't recommend them on the grounds of customer support.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Sorry for your issue but lets clarify this is the "UK Customer Service"

I only had to use them 2x on 2 different bindings over 4 years and they were screaming fast. I was able to still ride so it wasn't a major inconvenience for me. I did need the parts though.

Make sure you used some sort of lock thread on that as well so it doesn't back out on you !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have actually sent an email into the main contact email address as well and not heard anything back from that either, but yeah my main issue is with the UK side of things.

Everything I see is similar to your experience of their customer service, I guess I'm just the lucky one :unsure:

Ive had all the screws out now and ensured they will stay until i want them to move.

Bring on Bulgaria and Lake Tahoe :yahoo:

·
Registered
48 Posts
just in case you want to find a screw at your local hardware store, its conical M5*7mm with a flush head, philips #2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts