Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to try out some new bindings to add to my current Rome 390's & Targas. I've been wanting to try out Flux ever since almost got a pair 3 seasons ago but went with Union Forces instead, at the time. So now I've narrowed it down to these 2 options for all mountain use, both last season's 2009 models.

I know the Super Titan is just a Titan with a 1cm taller highback for more response. I think the Feedback has a slightly taller highback than that, a bit stiffer, and I like its asymmetrical highbacks much like Ride's. Both have the same straps/ratchets as far as I can tell. Aesthetically, I really like how streamlined the Super Titan frame looks w/the covers, although the red is a little bright for my tastes, and I like the Feedback's colorway. Price is almost the same, so not a factor.

For all you guys running Flux bindings, which do you think is the better AM choice?
How do each of them match up to the usual 390/Targa/Force/Data?
Also, how do they fit as far as sizing (i.e. tighter/roomier than listed)?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Super Titan in Red

Feedback in Brown

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
No idea on last years but after riding this years Super Titans can say they are not extremely stiff. Good for all mountain and should do well with freestyle. As for fit the biggest issue I have seen is for the heel cup, big bulky boots will have a slight issue. Have sold a few out of my shop and have one guy who has 10.5 boots and he had no issues fitting in the medium size(Flux suggests Med-9.5 and large-10). Definitely try to check your boot fit in the binding if at all possible. No clue on the Feedback though did not carry them this year.

Also the ankle straps are real soft, they hold your boot in place nicely but have a small amount of play in them. They are much softer then my Cartels where.

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does help, thanks! Hope there are others out there with experiences to share too. From what you're describing, sounds like the Super Titan is close to the 390 then. Like a freestyle binding that can still work outside the park?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry to hijack thread, but anyone have experience with the distortion as well? as compared to the forces
This year's distortion has a urethane highback like the Titan RK, so it's prob quite a bit softer than the Force.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ohh, well compared to my forces, i just want a better toe strap, and a little more cushioning on the baseplate, and a slightly softer highback. u think the distortion is a good pick?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohh, well compared to my forces, i just want a better toe strap, and a little more cushioning on the baseplate, and a slightly softer highback. u think the distortion is a good pick?
I think you should go for the Titan or Super Titan in that case.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else care to chime in? Even if you only have experience with one or the other, that's still useful...

·
Registered
115 Posts
hmm, i've been looking at the feedback, i like the asym highback, as well as the padded baseplate much like the forces that i have. not sure if it actually makes a difference but the concept is nice.. im pretty set on the feedbacks, but some reviews would be nice :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have feedbacks, but have never ridden them. They straps are heavenly, and they are super sturdy bindings. Id use them for a very aggressive freeriding, charging powder and steep lines. Ive talked with Flux, they said most of their big mountain riders use those. So fast and steep is what they are designed for.

The super titans I would say are comparable to Targas, but I really like the feel of the Flux cap, they just hold your foot back and you cant feel any pressure on the toes. they are amazing.

My titans rule, and my experience with Flux's customer service, makes them the best company Ive ever dealt with

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm, i've been looking at the feedback, i like the asym highback, as well as the padded baseplate much like the forces that i have. not sure if it actually makes a difference but the concept is nice.. im pretty set on the feedbacks, but some reviews would be nice :D
Do the Super Titans have the same padded baseplate too?

The super titans I would say are comparable to Targas
I was leaning towards the Feedbacks, but based on what you're saying, it seems maybe I'm better off with Super Titans since I don't really want anything too much stiffer than the Targas.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The feedbacks seem to have more padding/shock dampening material on the base than the Super Titans. Probably more geared for response and to cushion big landings and chatter at high speed.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
The Feedback and Super Titan have the same base plate material. The main difference is the highbacks and the base design. Same straps and same material used for both, both have the same type of straps also.

The highbacks on the Feedback are constructed to be soft and flexible outwards but stiff inwards. Designed towards freestyle but if you switch them your bindings become more geared to freeride bindings. The Feedbacks also have upgraded base design(same material just different thicknesses) and come with added urethane dampeners which can be switched about for added feel and to fit your riding style along with the baseplate.

The Super Titans also have upgrades on a few things when compared to the Titans. Higher grade base material, ultra response strap(Super Titan) compared to stylish straps(Titans).

Hope that helps a bit more.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds lie maybe I have it backwards then. So the ST is actually better for freeriding then the feedbacks then?

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Straight out of the box yes but with the adjustments you can make to the Feedback should be an upgrade to the Super Titans for freeride. Will have a bit more dampening built with the adjustable pads and you have more choices with the Feedback. The Super Titans lock you in to a tall highback.

I use the Super Titans about 90% of the time. The straps have great response but also have some cush in them that allow for some play when you want it. But a freestyle binding they are not would say they are a good all mountain to freeride binding. Would say the Feedback can cover the entire spectrum depending on how you set them up.

Just more choices with the Feedback. Most likely what I will get for next season.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Straight out of the box yes but with the adjustments you can make to the Feedback should be an upgrade to the Super Titans for freeride. Will have a bit more dampening built with the adjustable pads and you have more choices with the Feedback. The Super Titans lock you in to a tall highback.

I use the Super Titans about 90% of the time. The straps have great response but also have some cush in them that allow for some play when you want it. But a freestyle binding they are not would say they are a good all mountain to freeride binding. Would say the Feedback can cover the entire spectrum depending on how you set them up.

Just more choices with the Feedback. Most likely what I will get for next season.
Thanks again for all the input. So far you're the only guy that has the kind of info. and experience I'm looking for!

I read what you said earlier about the highbacks, but what other adjustments do the Feedbacks have? I'm looking at last season's and didn't realize they had any adjustments with any pads (or maybe you meant straps like the Targas). Also, are you saying the ST actually has a taller highback than the Feedback?

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
The ST has the highest highback out of all of them. The pads are on this years models can be switched out on the base plates depending on what kind of cush you are looking for on the feedbacks(they come with a set of higher density pads along with the normal ones).
Not sure on last years. Only informed on this years since I started carrying them in my shop that I started this season. A quick check seems it is the same as last years though. Cheated and looked them up on house boardshop.

Clarification--The toe and heel pads can be switched out for more or less padding

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Thanks again for all the input. So far you're the only guy that has the kind of info. and experience I'm looking for!
He's a small local dealer that carries Flux. The kind of dealer with knowledge that we all say we'd support over just another know-nothing stoner Burton whoring kid at Zumies. Feel free to buy from him. :D

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's a small local dealer that carries Flux. The kind of dealer with knowledge that we all say we'd support over just another know-nothing stoner Burton whoring kid at Zumies. Feel free to buy from him. :D
I actually emailed him already about that :) since there are only 3 shops in WA listed as dealers on Flux's website, but the closest one is nearly 2hrs away, while none of their websites even mention the brand or show any of their models.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts