Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - meeting up with a few buddies in January at Mont Tremblant in Quebec, Canada. I'll be flying from the east cost via Air Canada and plan on bringing my board with me. Does anyone have any experience with Air Canada's checked baggage rules when it comes to snowboards? How much am I looking at paying to check the board? The board will be the only item I look to check, I'll have a carry on with all of my clothes in it.

I have a Dakine High Roller bag, which is an absolute unit, and I'm worried I'll be given a hard time at check-in. I don't want to pay out the rear to bring this with me. Anybody have any experience?

·
Registered
546 Posts
It's been a while since I flew with a board, but it counts as one piece of checked lugged. So if your ticket includes 1 piece of checked luggage, you won't have to pay. Otherwise, it's the same price as a suitcase. They usually say that the bag can only contain a board, bindings & boots (if your bag has pockets for it), but I have crammed so many other things in it, and nobody has ever said anything. Just don't go over the max weight (I think it's 70 lbs).

You'll have to take it to the over sized / sports equipment area in the airport (and pick-up from there). Smile and be polite / friendly with the person working there and you should have no trouble.

Have a great trip (although you really should just keep going all the way West)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts