Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of OCD questions :p
One of the bindings in new Unions came this way on the toe end. Seems to be a large crease and indent to me, but I'm not sure if this will happen anyway from dispersed foot pressure while actually riding. Just worried about longevity and damage early on, because my previous Unions had some messed up foam peeling. Though that was a few years ago and only a tiny thin footbed cover. Here though I am worried about that area having much more give early on, and I don't know if this is normal or not because I never had bindings with any kind of material other than plastic + 1mm thin footbed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured, just not sure if it's going to get worse and weaker or if this would happen day 1 anyway and is common. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
It might just be compressed from shipping. It may fluff back up a little bit with time. Even if it doesn't, you won't feel that.

I used to be so uptight about my snowboarding gear, but it just gets beaten up a little more every time you use it. Treat your gear well, but embrace the character it develops.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For sure, I just prefer to be the on beating it up and not shipping on something new lol but such is the nature of the world. And if anything goes wrong Union probably will probably cover it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
For sure, I just prefer to be the on beating it up and not shipping on something new, but if anything goes wrong Union probably will probably cover it.
For sure. I just got a board shipped internationally. Customs cut it out of the box and cut up the topsheet with a box cutter. Then they wrapped it in a narrow strip of cardboard and sent it on to me more or less unprotected. Needless to say, I was disappointed for a few minutes. I got over it. It still shreds. We live in an imperfect world. Some skier will casually disrespect my topsheet with their skis and poles at some point anyway.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Ouch that hurts. I have a board coming from Europe now; I’m hoping it doesn’t suffer the same fate

·
Registered
12 Posts
For sure. I just got a board shipped internationally. Customs cut it out of the box and cut up the topsheet with a box cutter. Then they wrapped it in a narrow strip of cardboard and sent it on to me more or less unprotected. Needless to say, I was disappointed for a few minutes. I got over it. It still shreds. We live in an imperfect world. Some skier will casually disrespect my topsheet with their skis and poles at some point anyway.
I always leave a 1-star review if I ever get dissastifying results from my orders online. :mad:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I always leave a 1-star review if I ever get dissastifying results from my orders online. :mad:
Yeah, it's not amplids fault though. Board gets 5 stars from me.

US customs definitely gets 1 star! Wish I could leave a review for them for sure.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, is that kind of foam creasing going to happen normally while riding anyway?

@WigMar and that's where you should put stickers or stomp pads :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got these for our boards. The girls love them (they are sticker whores)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Those creases form from weight being placed on the foam, which happens even when things are stuffed together in shipping.

If you want your gear to look perfect, you may want to consider never using it ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts