Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first of all: I wasn't sure where to post this and second of all, I'm new here, Hiiii.

I've been snowboarding at least once a year since 2012. I only had a teacher fro 4 days and the rest is self taught. I learned how to snowboard relatively easy without much problem. I wouldn't say I'm amazing at snowboarding but I'm also not a beginner.
Since 2014 or so I've been using the same nitro boots and flow snowboard + bindings (my aunt gave it to me for my birthday).

I'm really short, 155cm (5'1 or 5'0, not sure) and my board is 135cm. Basically, a kid sized board. It's pretty 'hard' too. Not very bendy. I don't really have problems with my board, that I can think of right now.

I've never had any pain problems with my feet cramping up until last year. It's been nearly a year since we were in our last ski holiday, the first 6 days were fine (we stayed 10 days) but the remaining few days, I started to have problems snowboarding due to my foot cramping up. It's not like a REAL foot cramp, but it ached. So I had to sit down and rest every few minutes because the pain was bad.
It even started to hurt when I went on the easy, blue 'lanes'. I can't quite remember where exactly the pain was, only that it was my left foot (my leading foot.)

Could it be that my binding is too loose? or my shoe too loose? hAvE I gOtTen tOo fAt aNd wEaK?!?!

We're heading into our next 'annual' trip in a few days and I'm worried I won't enjoy it due to my foot aching. I've starting some mild foot exercises, to get my foot warmed up a bit more before we go. (because I don't do much other sports during the year, only occasional)

what could resolve the problem? also, I'm worried because in October my arch was pulling and hurting when I was walking, hurt pretty badly, but that's passed, I barely have that happen anymore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok, first of all: I wasn't sure where to post this and second of all, I'm new here, Hiiii.

I've been snowboarding at least once a year since 2012. I only had a teacher fro 4 days and the rest is self taught. I learned how to snowboard relatively easy without much problem. I wouldn't say I'm amazing at snowboarding but I'm also not a beginner.
Since 2014 or so I've been using the same nitro boots and flow snowboard + bindings (my aunt gave it to me for my birthday).

I'm really short, 155cm (5'1 or 5'0, not sure) and my board is 135cm. Basically, a kid sized board. It's pretty 'hard' too. Not very bendy. I don't really have problems with my board, that I can think of right now.

I've never had any pain problems with my feet cramping up until last year. It's been nearly a year since we were in our last ski holiday, the first 6 days were fine (we stayed 10 days) but the remaining few days, I started to have problems snowboarding due to my foot cramping up. It's not like a REAL foot cramp, but it ached. So I had to sit down and rest every few minutes because the pain was bad.
It even started to hurt when I went on the easy, blue 'lanes'. I can't quite remember where exactly the pain was, only that it was my left foot (my leading foot.)

Could it be that my binding is too loose? or my shoe too loose? hAvE I gOtTen tOo fAt aNd wEaK?!?!

We're heading into our next 'annual' trip in a few days and I'm worried I won't enjoy it due to my foot aching. I've starting some mild foot exercises, to get my foot warmed up a bit more before we go. (because I don't do much other sports during the year, only occasional)

what could resolve the problem? also, I'm worried because in October my arch was pulling and hurting when I was walking, hurt pretty badly, but that's passed, I barely have that happen anymore.
It may be that your boot is too loose and you are over arching inside your boot on your toe edge......conversely it may be that both the binding and boot are too tight, restricting slight movement....play around with your settings to see if any changes help.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I’d guess your boots have packed out and are too loose, leading you to tighten things down too tight. Of course, new boots should start out too tight so you could end up with a different foot pain on your trip if you only ride a few days a year!

If it’s not that...you may be right about tHe OtHeR cAuSe.

If you really want to go down this rabbit hole, measure your foot length and width in cm and post it up with the size of your boot.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Was the snow wet or slow, did you have the right wax on or even at all? A slow board will lead to some pain in your leading foot evt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts