Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I was debating on getting either the scallywag or the youngblood (both 2012). I like riding park (rails and jumps up to 40). I live on the east coast and i am going to Utah this year. I know both boards will preform equally in the park, but what i really want to know if which board you would recommend for powder. Will i be able to tell a difference?
I am currently riding a 2010 Burton Custom (camber of course. Will the switch from camber to rocker going to be dramatic? Also what is this double dog thing? Does it feel just like rocker?

Thanks so much guys!

~Alec

·
Registered
288 Posts
The Youngblood Chilli Dog and Scallywag are the same rocker line. Both are full, tip to tail, continuous rocker. The Scally is softer than Youngblood. If you are looking at the Youngblood Double Dog, it is totally different. The DD has camber under each binding section. That translates to being better on edge and adds a little more pressure to the ollie. Double Dog is pretty much the same as Burton's Flying V (if you have seen that)...Both Chilli Dog and DD will be decent in powder, what would help more is a bigger board, but if you are in the park...see no one board for everything. If you are on the east coast, get a board that works there and it will be just fine if you happen to get a little powder out in UT.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
They are actually vastly different boards my friend.

The Youngblood made for a somewhat damp jump board. The Scallywag is a mediocre softer all park board.

I think you'd be stoked on an Arbor Westmark, Flow Verve, or a Signal Park Flat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts