Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I know this kind of thing is probably done to death but I don't have the luxury of having many snow stores near me to investigate for myself. I haven't been able to find much info on the foursquare recoil jacket online so thought I'd check to see if anyone here has tried one.

I was in the one shop near me the other day and was able to try on the Quiksilver jacket so I know it feels and looks good but I think I prefer the more conservative look of the recoil black plaid. Although the hydro does look pretty cool. I also was able to try on some of last years models foursquare so I know their fit is comfy too provided they haven't changed too much in a year. Current foursquare gear seems to be really hard to find in Australia and on a side note, I overheard someone saying that foursquare and special blend (both apparently owned by burton) are being dissolved. Anyone know if there's any truth in that? Would be dissapointing because I think the foursquare gear seams really high quality.

Anyway, if anyone has tried the recoil jacket specifically, or even just tried one on in store, I'd love to hear what you thought. The info on the 4square website is even pretty limited so I don't even know if it's got good insulation or just a shell etc.

Cheers in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
the hydro has fully taped seams but no insulation
the recoil has minimally taped seams but with a removable liner

the B killed all their sub brands

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the hydro has fully taped seams but no insulation
the recoil has minimally taped seams but with a removable liner

the B killed all their sub brands
I bit the bullet and got the hydro.. Awesome jacket. minimal insulation but that works for me as I don't tend to feel the cold too much, as long as I'm dry. plus can always just layer up a bit.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts