Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished creating a working set of bindings outta three different sets of bindings two gnu and one roxy all rear entry (if your familiar with these and have done your homework you know they are all actually fastec bindings) and it got me curious as to how many other people out there have brought life to a set of bindings using various scraps from dead ones and what they look like. So lets see 'em if you have put some together post your pics here. These are how mine came out when finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I just finished creating a working set of bindings outta three different sets of bindings two gnu and one roxy all rear entry (if your familiar with these and have done your homework you know they are all actually fastec bindings) and it got me curious as to how many other people out there have brought life to a set of bindings using various scraps from dead ones and what they look like. So lets see 'em if you have put some together post your pics here. These are how mine came out when finished.
Franken-bindings are the best.

Mine used to be made out of necessity, those ones weren't that good.

But now, I don't have to make them.
So....
They are much better.

Now I can take all my favorite things/pieces off of other bindings & put them all on 1 binding.

Creating a super binding, with everything I do like and nothing I don't like.

Right now I'm rocking 3 different sets of Franks on my daily drivers.

All of which are based off the Burton CFX, the baddest mother fucking binding Burton has ever made.

Got a freestyle pair for goofing around on.
Super stiff baseplate. Shorter highback & thick cushy ankle straps from an old pair of Syncros?
So still super stiff, but with a little more movement for tweaking.

And a pair for charging.
CFX's with team Skyback highbacks and Malavita ankle straps and some Co2 toe caps.

And a 3rd pair under construction, until the perfect parts are attached to them.

Burton bindings are the absolute best bindings to turn into franken-bindings.
Almost nothing has changed on them in 20 years.

I pick up almost every pair of broken or beat to shit pair of Burton bindings I find haha.
Cause I see them as spare parts for my good ones.

Got a pair of RIDE Tomcat bindings with a board last year. Turns out they are pretty awesome.
One solid piece of aluminum. No adjustable heel cup, like almost all other RIDE bindings.
I liked the stiff ankle straps, but threw on some toe caps from a pair of FIREFLY bindings.
(Which if you've done your homework, are surprise, made by fastec, who makes bindings for a whole bunch of brands)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts