Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
What the fuck? Is this real? how in the hell?

It's a trap! Somehow it has to be...

Fuck it! I called. All gone.

I think i've been trolled....

·
Super Moderator
6,272 Posts
Sez they have 4600 to give away. If their cost for the package is $250, that's still a million ducks. Just to have a bunch of boards out there with their sticker on them. Smells....

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Like admiral Akbar said "It's a trap"
You'd think a free board with a sticker would be too good to be true, but adding the boots and binding just make it waaaay too good to be true.

To answer the OP's question if you bought that setup it would probably be all bottom of the line stuff, so not such a good setup. However if it is free how could it be bad?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Deff trolled. The address of the pic is some sorta fucked up site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got an email from a friend who said he got through and it is legit and is expecting delivery before next Thursday. Im going to call and keep calling tomorrow morning until I get through. The outlet is in VA so same time zone. Will let you know how I go.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
I feel that this was a marketing ploy. It's actually an old marketing trick at that. A deal that sounds too good to be true. You call about the ad, they say it's all gone, and give you a discount for mentioning it when you go into the store.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Why is there a bar code on the add??
Isn't false advertising illegal??? Yes not worth looking into unless you ARE an attorney but question still stands.

From: Go Daddy" NOTICE: This domain name expired on 01/09/2011 and is pending renewal or deletion
Let us know if that guy actually gets his. It's always a buddy of a buddy, my sister's boyfriends friend, I know a guy who knows a guy with a 1000HP Yugo.....

·
Registered
877 Posts
There are supposed to be laws about bait and switch, but there's usually ways around them (or it's just not worth pursuing).

Plus, it wouldn't be worth any attorney to take this job in my opinion... unless you could get a class action lawsuit going and even then, still probably not much money in it for them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yea i just called the shop and they said theyre out of free boards
the dude was talking mad fast so i feel like he just wanted to avoid talkin imo

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
According to the website address of the photo, their facebook page, a member says that the snowboard shop did something to piss off the owner of their website. This is a pathetic photoshop (since they are too stupid to realize a bar code has nothing to do with the ad), and is an attempt to flood the shop with phone calls and angry visitors.

Comments like "guy did not seem too pleased when I asked him about a free snowboard" and "What's the story behind this? What did Function 4 Sports do to piss David off?"

Delete this bullshit thread.

·
Registered
54 Posts
they may have a few funtion 4 sports shops? idk but they have one like right next to me in harrisonburg? is this where ur located?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts