Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you guys have heard of the Warren Miller Film Tour, but I guess they have a new movie about skiing every year and they offer viewings in a bunch of cities all over the country (I really don't know much about it just found out from a coworker). So what, it's a movie about skiing? Well they offer a bunch of free stuff along with your movie ticket purchase ($27.00 in my city). I got one free midweek lift ticket at a good resort in my area (Sugarbush), a free lift ticket at a small hill in my area, and a couple limited use lift tickets/buy one get one freebies. Ayways it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

If you want to check out what kind of free stuff they are offering just click on your city at this website Warren Miller Film Tour | WarrenMiller.com

Here's a trailer for the film this year (I personally didn't find it very exciting, but it does look like there's some boarding in there).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, I just went to the website and checked out what they are offering in my area and it is amazing. Several different mountains and resorts are offering free lift and 2 for 1 lift tickets. Plus they have 20% off a helmet or goggles at REI. For only $21??? Well worth it to watch some skiing movie for all of that. Thanks for the heads up Jon.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Wow, I just went to the website and checked out what they are offering in my area and it is amazing. Several different mountains and resorts are offering free lift and 2 for 1 lift tickets. Plus they have 20% off a helmet or goggles at REI. For only $21??? Well worth it to watch some skiing movie for all of that. Thanks for the heads up Jon.
I've been to those before, Even brought a couple non snowboarding friends.

The ones I've been to have always had an intermission for drinks & smokes.

when everyone goes outside, you go clean up all the garbage.

You should come out of there with about 30 or goody bags.

TT

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The one local to me isn't giving out any goody bags and the lift tickets are for resorts I'll probably never get to. The showing near the mountain I go to (about 2 hours away) ARE giving goody bags to the first 50 peeps, plus a raffle for season passes at local resorts and free skis or snowboards - as well as those two lift tickets. It would be nice to win the raffle for those season passes...but to drive 2 hours to MAYBE win the raffle and MAYBE be one of the first 50 people...hmmm. If I could find other folks to go, maybe I'd do it as a little trip.

Edit: It's on a Monday night...would never make it with work. I was seriously considering it after I realized one of the season passes you could win is to Snowshoe. Wish the one near me had that cool stuff.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Snowshoe's Mountain of Youth pass is a pretty good deal. $250 for unlimited (need to be under 29y/o). Not bad at all...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I went to last years, neighbor got free tickets. But in all it was rather boring. I can't complain it was free just sucked to watch all that snow then walk out and realize there was none outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts