Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm about 99% sure to pick either the Salomon Super 8 163 (2019 – 2020) or Bataleon Omni 162 (2019 – 2020). How do these boards compare when it comes to 1. edge hold and 2. stability at higher speeds?

I will mostly spend time riding groomers and improve carves, however taking it for detours through powder would be a big plus. I am 6’3″, 196 lbs, and a 11 US boot size.

Would love to hear your thoughts on how to decide which profile would suit me best. I am aware of most differences spec wise, but how it operates in snow is just a big guess. Any other noticeable differences to consider would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had SS8 2017 163. Liked it a lot.
Had a good float in pow.
Stable at high speed.
Carves preety well.

For me with mine 11.5 us boot and w
265 mm width + some taper, seems to me a bit narrow, so now im with biggest Koruas.

I was considering Omni also that time. But if i remember correctly, that board isn't good as carving board as Salomon. And i didn't had opportunity to try out 3BT.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you search the forum you'll get ton of info about the Super8. Have owned 160 and now 163. Great board for your intentions. Can be found really cheap.
Im thinking about unload mine. PM me if interested.

Grab last years Tom Sims Pro at a deep discount if you can find one.
That wasn't the answer for OPs question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had SS8 2017 163. Liked it a lot.
Had a good float in pow.
Stable at high speed.
Carves preety well.

For me with mine 11.5 us boot and w
265 mm width + some taper, seems to me a bit narrow, so now im with biggest Koruas.

I was considering Omni also that time. But if i remember correctly, that board isn't good as carving board as Salomon. And i didn't had opportunity to try out 3BT.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated! Definitely some things to consider as well, probably go for the Salomon then. Should be fine regarding width righ now. Trying out a 3BT board is still on the list nonetheless...!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you search the forum you'll get ton of info about the Super8. Have owned 160 and now 163. Great board for your intentions. Can be found really cheap.
Im thinking about unload mine. PM me if interested.

That wasn't the answer for OPs question.
Thanks for the message, makes the choice a bit easier. I'll reach out to you once ready to get one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts