Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matt Wibby here with frequency The Snowboarder’s Journal.

From reading the Transworld Snowboarding Thread, many of the forum members are familiar with frequency.

For those that are not, frequency TSJ is a bit different than your typical shred magazine, featuring, transportive editorial, top photo's, limited advertising, larger font and more than the current flavor of the month. I believe many of you will enjoy the title.

The first issue of the 2013/2014 winter is now shipping and as a bit of an extra. I would like to offer a special promo code to the Snowboarding Forum members. If you would like to subscribe, enter promo code SnowboardingForum at checkout and we will ship you a free beanie with your order. The beanie is a collaboration with Coal Headwear and a really nice piece. Easily a $20+ item alone.

And if you have any feedback on frequency TSJ, please post in this thread or pm me.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Wibby remember to "bump," this every day so we don't forget that you are trying to sell us your magazine.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Wow $10 an issue seems a little steep, dont need a beanie (got probably fifty of the them) so maybe knock $10 off a subscription and I'll think about it.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Wow $10 an issue seems a little steep, dont need a beanie (got probably fifty of the them) so maybe knock $10 off a subscription and I'll think about it.
I'd be willing to bet they could cut that price in half just by doubling the size and quadrupling the adverts. Or, you could read it as $40/year, which isn't that much if the "book" lives up to it's own hype. I've not seen it, but I think I'll check one out. Maybe my kid will like the hat.
:D

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I'd be willing to bet they could cut that price in half just by doubling the size and quadrupling the adverts. Or, you could read it as $40/year, which isn't that much if the "book" lives up to it's own hype. I've not seen it, but I think I'll check one out. Maybe my kid will like the hat.
Not interested in reading ads and people say its a good read, just thought I would see if they would split the difference and keep thier beanie then I might pull the trigger.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Frequency is a different breed than the other mags. Matt is welcome here and is a good guy. He also is not a spammer.

Frequency is a coffee table mag. Think Alpinist or the Surfer's Journal. High quality articles with minimal advertisement. Therefore they do not rely on the advertisers to pay for the magazine like Transworld or Snowboard mag does. Sure advertisers help pay for it, but it is the subscribers that make this mag float.

They are a good group and your money is well spent on a subscription to them.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i decided to look at the site and check out the issue. at a glance, i'm way down with the helvetica titles. will check this out at some point, looks great!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
i decided to look at the site and check out the issue. at a glance, i'm way down with the helvetica titles. will check this out at some point, looks great!
Font nerds. :dunno:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Wibby, do me a favor and tell Galbraith (sp?) hello, just tell him it's from Tim and Roger from Arlington and the old school Team Bikeworks.

keep up the good work at Frequency

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Wondering if the mag caters to just you mountain riding pros or if us old guy Midwest riders with so-so hills and park and skill could benefit from the articles as well.

I've had several publications along this line and enjoyed them. Again I would need some relevant articles that would help me or interest me

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Wondering if the mag caters to just you mountain riding pros or if us old guy Midwest riders with so-so hills and park and skill could benefit from the articles as well.

I've had several publications along this line and enjoyed them. Again I would need some relevant articles that would help me or interest me
Let me give you a little break down of the articles in the latest mag and you see if it tickles your pickle.

1st article: "Holding an edge" A look at parenting and snowboarding as we all mature.

2nd article: "Lebanese Lines: The Republic of Snowboarding" A look at snowboarding in the war torn middle east.

3rd article: "Mica Brownlie: Captain of the Alta Snowboard Team" A modern day pirate snow sliding at Alta one of the last bastions of anti-snowboarding.

4th article: " A Lovely Bowl: The Whitewater Session" Japanese bowl snowboarding in Canada

5th article: "More Than A Feeling: Alex Yoder interview"

There's more articles I haven't read them all but I find it to be more than sitting on the shitter reading material I actually take the time out of my day to sit down and read them. Snowboarder, Transworld, and Snowboard mag it is not.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Frequency is by far the best shred mag out there, definitely worth the higher price. I buy a few each season, bit never shelled out the cash for an entire seasons worth. Might have to now.....

Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

1 - 17 of 17 Posts