Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am headed out to wolf creek, co in about an hour.... It is my understanding they got 15" in the past 36-48 hours. I am pumped.... its supposed to keep snowing until wednesday too.... anyone else heading up to the area? I will be in town until Jan 8. ready to hit the slopes!!!

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got another 12" here since yesterday and it keeps dumping. The roads are interesting but the slopes have fresh powder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish I could go. I am in SoCal and very jealous. I hear Mammoth is getting a solid dump too, but too far for me right now. Enjoy the Pow

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As of last night there was 37" dumped in under 3 days. Riding has been amazing since I love to ride while its snowing. The heavy snow scares alot of people out of driving up to the resort so there have been no lift lines to speak of. Its not supposed to stop snowing until Wednesday or Thursday according to the weather people. That makes for an awesome 3 week stay here. :)

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
The San Juans are getting their Christmas dump for sure. It was definitely needed down there. Should be rad for this week at least. Enjoy.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not by much though. Whistler only been gettin like 1-5 cm pow lately, but supposedly this thursday and friday gonna be a dump.

·
Registered
500 Posts
ready for a massive pow day tomorrow at the canyons here in Park City. We been getting it real good the last few days. finally the systems seem to be rolling our way.

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
It's been awesome here in CO lately. Saturday was one of the best days I've ever had and it was completely unexpected. They were calling for 4-5" of wet snow and it ended up being 10-12" of just perfect blower pow on top of other recent snow. Amazing day.

Today was great too. The snow was HEAVY. Definitely the heaviest snow I've ever ridden in. It was great in the trees and untracked areas, but if you got into some tracked out stuff you were working HARD. The tunnel face at Loveland was insane. I hit it the first time on my 158 NS Evo and was getting my ass whipped. It was waste deep in snow that I can only describe as wet cement. I went to the truck and swapped out to my 165 Arbor Element and proceeded to have a fantastic day and ripped that face twice more with it. I was creating some massive sluffs on that thing. Each turn was sending a shitload of snow. That was my first experience at any type of sluff management, so that was cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts