Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm not saying I support the "no comments" aspect but I still wonder how much shit the guy would get on a regular basis just due to Avran's rants against the guy and the shills that think the same because Avran does... I don't enjoy his old reviews (haven't watched his new stuff) but at what point is the negativity towards the guy really warranted?

But it's probably just me being too "old" and "canadian" for my own good on the internet.
I do watch his videos sometimes and I actually enjoy his enthusiasm about Union bindings and Burton AK. (I am an addict of both of those brands/products).
I hope people would not think negatively about TGR, just because of what other people might say.

IMO, it is a good thing to read/watch multiple sources for snowboarding reviews/content.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Anyone watched their womens board reviews recently where she can only do basic turns left and right left and right down a groomer and then puts out reviews? Unless there are mutiple female reviewers and I just watched the wrong ones.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but: are you new to this internet thing?
I'm kidding you of course but I would be very surprised if a bunch of Avran fans didn't start trolling the comment section as soon as Jeff opens it...
They could weed through those trolls, and the hate spamming would probably die down pretty quickly. I think it's much easier not to interact with people on YouTube. It just takes more time and effort.

In the past, TGR has made the worst reviews I've ever seen, like their old cool bean review. I called them out on it around here, and they took the reviews down. They're getting better though. Looks like they took a riding lesson or two as well.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Gee James has really lifted the game up here.

Shaved the beard, new fantastic fancy backlit set, active narrative review whilst riding on the mountain, nice transitional graphics, extensive long well orated review.

And let's not forget...., everyone in here wants to know more about the Orca🐳

Setting a higher benchmark for Avran???
Goonride's benchmark was level with the slush in the latecomers' carpark. It wouldn't be hard for him to improve.
He does need to stop eating on camera, and making sure bindings are actually mounted and adjusted properly, before waffling on, to name a couple of his odd behaviours in past reviews...

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Gee Biesty even got the carousel going on now with his extensive (10.03min) "Fresher more Professional" reviews. Lifting the game to another level.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Goonride's benchmark was level with the slush in the latecomers' carpark. It wouldn't be hard for him to improve.
He does need to stop eating on camera, and making sure bindings are actually mounted and adjusted properly, before waffling on, to name a couple of his odd behaviours in past reviews...
Sometimes his language is super cringeworthy and try hard. Some of the shit he says is just legit gross and makes me want to turn off the video...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I can't help but wonder why he is trying to look like a retailer promo, what with the Las Vegas backlight, the carousel, and such. Before long, I think he will bring in a female assistant in a sequin swimsuit.

Through out the video from start to end, the gigantic logo on his desk takes up a third of the screen and the product being reviewed almost look like afterthoughts. You can barely tell the details even as he is pawing all over them to talk about the features.

He should hire a pro to coach him a few things before he buries himself in another series of expensive and mediocre videos.

It would be interesting to see James and Avran do a collaborative review meshing their 2 styles together.
It's more likely that Avran will do R-rated reviews of Biesty's reviews. My ears are starting to bleed just thinking of it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I know we all say comments are turned off because he’d get flamed but I think he’s more saavy than that. He has that submission form you fill out for questions and through it he is able to capture your email address. That’s probably more valuable to him than comments. His channel gets a lot of views anyway.

I used to hate on him until I realized I was mostly being a dick. That being said I don’t find the reviews overly helpful.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts