Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Are you accusing me of being an anti-Hestra shill? I certainly didn鈥檛 make this post just for popularity on this website. I will happily dig my gloves out of my gear bag and post some pics.
Wow, where did that come from? My observation is my observation. I'm surprized to hear about a hestra durabiity problem. Exactly what I said. Simple as that.

Registered
B Custom 162, Superpig 158, Alchemist 164W, Orca 159, Big Gun 165, Protoslinger 160
I never had a problem with my hestra鈥檚 until we went through 2 months w/o snow last winter. All I did was focus on carving & switch riding. Laying it out for 2 hours every morning destroyed my hestras lol

Registered
I've been carving on the same pair of Kinco mittens for a few seasons now. Their palms are polished like dress shoes, but the leather is holding strong. The fit and finish isn't anywhere near Hestra's level, but they're extremely tough.

Registered
B Custom 162, Superpig 158, Alchemist 164W, Orca 159, Big Gun 165, Protoslinger 160
Let me modify my statement: My hestra's aren't destroyed, I over exaggerated. They are still nice and warm, I can continue to use them! However, the leather around the palms of my hands and at the tips of all fingers looks like I rubbed them against a cheese grater. If only I wasn't a knuckle dragger, they would last for years :) If I continue to create friction in those areas, I think I will wear through them at some point this coming season.

Registered
On mine the sewing between the thumb and index cut open... Just like most gloves had. Now that I'm old and can barely grab my board I don't have this problem anymore

Seriously, I was also ripping my pants at the pocket too, I'm just more cautious now. So it might not have been Hestra's fault... But they weren't better either.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts