Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've only rode with it like 5 times it has size 10 forum boots and custom bindings message me for more info i dont really ride any more so dont need it bought it for over 1000$ throw me an offer may be around 700

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well.

Try posting pictures of your "$1000" setup.

And I'm assuming that your "Bob Marley" snowboard is a Burton Whammy Bar since that's the only Burton board I know that has had Marley on it. Which is worth $400 brand new. Not too many people want used boots. Old Burton Custom's aren't worth much new let alone used.

So yes, you must be high. Or know nothing about the depreciation of the value of products, especially in the snowboard market.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well.

Try posting pictures of your "$1000" setup.

And I'm assuming that your "Bob Marley" snowboard is a Burton Whammy Bar since that's the only Burton board I know that has had Marley on it. Which is worth $400 brand new. Not too many people want used boots. Old Burton Custom's aren't worth much new let alone used.

So yes, you must be high. Or know nothing about the depreciation of the value of products, especially in the snowboard market.
:eusa_clap: Well said and much nicer than I would of been if I had to explain it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well you are correct i dont know much about values of snowboards but i appreciate that u kindly told me i was wrong. I just want to get rid of not be ridiculed on a website for mistakes i didnt mean to make. What would be a good value for it? It wasnt 400$ when i bought it so i have no idea what you are talking about. I got it at a custom shop in sun valley idaho.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well you are correct i dont know much about values of snowboards but i appreciate that u kindly told me i was wrong. I just want to get rid of not be ridiculed on a website for mistakes i didnt mean to make. What would be a good value for it? It wasnt 400$ when i bought it so i have no idea what you are talking about. I got it at a custom shop in sun valley idaho.
Post a picture of the board so that we can make sure we are both talking about the same board.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the input! thats really weird that the guy charged me 1000$ i got it like 2 years ago thats probably why. I barely have the time or money to go boarding any more haha

·
Registered
226 Posts
thats the whammy... I would say for just the board $200
This^

Its definitely the Whammy Bar. I would say $200 is a fair starting price for just the board. With bindings, i'd start around $240-$250. Boots aren't worth much.

If you paid more than 400 for just the board when you bought it, then you were ripped off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah that's just a burton whammy bar. It was a second graphic the board came with the year it came out. Definitely shouldn't have been $1000 new unless you bought everything for msrp and the boots were $400 forum boots.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeahhh i bought it like 2 to 3 years ago and yeah i think it was 1000$ msrp it came with the bindings and the boots. Have you have ever been to sun valley idaho? I got it at board bins in ketchum. That pisses me off now cause if i got ripped off thats fucked.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yup. Forum Booter. msrp $230.

So the total package is worth around $790 (400+160+230) brand new msrp. But tax, depending on where you are, will bump it closer to $1000. So it depends on how much tax there was to see if you got ripped off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts