Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,345 Posts
Just a guess, but with the company closed down you're probably going to have to remove the word "FIRM!" to get any traction.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to be honest, idk what's a realistic asking price is, bestbuy.com has it for 229.99 and searching ebay, i have seen them 250+, so to me, my asking price seem reasonable but if anyone like to make an offer, pm me, i got some offers already

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
to be honest, idk what's a realistic asking price is, bestbuy.com has it for 229.99 and searching ebay, i have seen them 250+, so to me, my asking price seem reasonable but if anyone like to make an offer, pm me, i got some offers already
I was just reading recent reviews on Amazon, and unfortunately the site doesn't even offer the current software rendering the units useless.

A review from amazon ( There is no support to update the firmware which is required to sync to the app and there is no way to change any of the camera settings.)

Sorry bro I gotta pass. Good luck.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I was just reading recent reviews on Amazon, and unfortunately the site doesn't even offer the current software rendering the units useless.

A review from amazon ( There is no support to update the firmware which is required to sync to the app and there is no way to change any of the camera settings.)

Sorry bro I gotta pass. Good luck.
ouch..............

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Yeah, if someone doesn't buy Contour and bring the brand back, you are going to see a fire sale on these by spring. If not sooner. Sub $100 for their cameras is probably coming from the retailers in the not to distant future.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Not entirely true. If you've already got contour's software it still works. I just import videos by removing the memory card and plugging it directly into my computer's port. Still works as an HD cam.

I can't imagine the GPS feature is any good now because you needed to sync it through the software. But I turned that off awhile ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts