Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered a board for this season, but after talking to people and doing some research guess it's probably too long for my skinny ass. Size 15 feet, 180lbs weight, and my 6'6" height make board sizing awkward to say the least...

Rome Mod Rocker Wide Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2012

Paid $550, so I'll ask $500 OBO? My loss is your gain. If you go buy a park board from this year in 157 wide, I'll trade down a little :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not that long for you. I actually think its perfect or even small
I'm from michigan, so it's only going to be used in little parks. I was told that for learning, especially if I want to try jibs before jumps, then I would have been better off with a 157w... but if I can't unload it, I'll definitely ride it this season. Thanks for the reassurance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its gonna be hard to re sell it at 500. Can you take it back to shop?
Unfortunately, the sale was final. I'm open to offers, and I'll take paypal and pay for the shipping myself. Like I said, if there's no interest, I'll just keep it.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Strange, Rome used to have great links along with every little tech item to explain it. Nothing now on the website. My next freestyle pow twin will be a Never SUmmer Heritage 160 for my small feet.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
:confused: They have links and videos explaining literally every tech on each of their boards?

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
:confused: They have links and videos explaining literally every tech on each of their boards?

I must have missed that, i was scrolling with the mouse over their little trademark name things, and nothing. I admit I did not surf past the board page to "learn more" or whatever they call it, but yeah. I have seen the awesome videos in the past. Good stuff when I rode the Anthem ss with hybrid rocker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know if you've solved your problem and/or gotten rid of the board but I got 2 things to say:

1. Consider the waist width of the boards...157W might have too much toe/heel drag without extreme angles on the binders.

2. If you do still want to sell it and you have it...someone should snag it fast cause I just got me a mod rocker and it rocks hard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts