Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube - Eminem - Love The Way You Lie feat. Rihanna

After over 10 years of not buying CDs (last one was Tupac's greatest hits), I am going out to buy the Recovery CD by Eminem.

This song is so amazing. This is one of those songs where Eminem pours his heart out like in Stan and Lose Yourself. The major difference is, it's as close as you get to a love song from him.

Rihanna and Eminem surprisingly go really well together.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is a sweet song. His other new single, "Not Afraid" is fuckin' sweet too. I have a feeling this album could be as good as Eminem Show, which in my opinion, was a masterpiece.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a sweet song. His other new single, "Not Afraid" is fuckin' sweet too. I have a feeling this album could be as good as Eminem Show, which in my opinion, was a masterpiece.
There's another one with PINK, but I don't like the beat in that one at all. However, he is at his lyrical best in that song as well. Recovery is going to be fucking great. Good thing because Relapse wasn't good.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is so good. Eminem is one of the few mainstream rappers who still makes quality music.
Wait til you hear his other shit. The one with Wayne is actually good. There's another one called "talkin 2 myself" which is sick. He says in the song that he almost went after Wayne and Kanye, but thankfully didn't. Can't wait for this album!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wait til you hear his other shit. The one with Wayne is actually good. There's another one called "talkin 2 myself" which is sick. He says in the song that he almost went after Wayne and Kanye, but thankfully didn't. Can't wait for this album!
If you know where to look, you can get the entire thing already.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I know...I listened to all of the songs and they are all so good. I really liked the beat and chorus of "Space bound" and so far that is tied for my favorite with "Not Afraid"

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know...I listened to all of the songs and they are all so good. I really liked the beat and chorus of "Space bound" and so far that is tied for my favorite with "Not Afraid"
My only complaint is that some of the choruses sound kind of cheesy, but the verses in all the songs are awesome. Easily his best album since the Eminem Show.

Also, "Space Bound" is one of my favs too.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got the deluxe Recovery album. This is a killer Eminem album. I'm going to say this is his best work lyrically. Some of the beats, like the one with PINK, is kind of eh... but lyrically, he kills it in every single track. Money well spent :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't heard it yet, but will check it out. Eminem is just about the only rap that I listen to.
Lyrically and content-wise, Eminem has grown up. I can really relate with him on the drug struggles. Although he took it a good step further by OD'ing. Growing up is tough :)

I still think that song with Rihanna "Love the Way You Lie" is powerful.

I personally love hip-hop. However, I'm very sick of a lot of rappers out there. You can only listen to so many songs about money, cars, and hos.

BTW, I'm one of the few Asians that like to rap. Everyone laughs when I say that, but my writtens aren't that bad lol. I've impressed a few of those who laughed at me lol.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I liked Em better when he was on drugs. Album is ok nothing special.
No way. Em on drugs equaled Slim Shady. The horrible result was Encore and Relapse. I can understand how a lot of people wouldn't like his new material. There is a lot of chorus and rock-themed beats. However, I'm talking about his lyrical prowess in this album. He's at the top of his game lyrically.

"might as well pucker my lips like Elton John because I'm a mean cock sucker"

"You can get the dick. Just call me the ball sack. I'm nuts. Michael Vick in this bitch dog, fall back"

"Put my dick in a circle, but I'm not fucking around"

"You don't get a second chance. Life is no Nintendo game, but you lied again. Now you get to watch her leave out the window, guess that's why they call it window pane"

Just an inkling of what's in this album.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
No way. Em on drugs equaled Slim Shady. The horrible result was Encore and Relapse. I can understand how a lot of people wouldn't like his new material. There is a lot of chorus and rock-themed beats. However, I'm talking about his lyrical prowess in this album. He's at the top of his game lyrically.

"might as well pucker my lips like Elton John because I'm a mean cock sucker"

"You can get the dick. Just call me the ball sack. I'm nuts. Michael Vick in this bitch dog, fall back"

"Put my dick in a circle, but I'm not fucking around"

"You don't get a second chance. Life is no Nintendo game, but you lied again. Now you get to watch her leave out the window, guess that's why they call it window pane"

Just an inkling of what's in this album.
Encore and Relapse were the result of to many drugs. SSLP,MMLP and Eminem show are all good but since then he lost his mind and fell the fuck off ....IMO

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Encore and Relapse were the result of to many drugs. SSLP,MMLP and Eminem show are all good but since then he lost his mind and fell the fuck off ....IMO
Yea, those albums were definitely sick. This is just a completely different Eminem, but with the same (better in my opinion) lyrical genius. Personally, I was getting sick of all this dissing. It was just diss after diss after diss.

Stan still stands as his most powerful song to date in my opinion. That song was deep.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought Encore wasn't bad. And I thought "The Way I Am" was really good, one of my personal favorites. Haven't checked out the album yet, but will do so later this week.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Just got the deluxe Recovery album. This is a killer Eminem album. I'm going to say this is his best work lyrically. Some of the beats, like the one with PINK, is kind of eh... but lyrically, he kills it in every single track. Money well spent :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
How are the bonus tracks? And u guys forgot about "Kim", that is proof that eminem went crazy

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How are the bonus tracks? And u guys forgot about "Kim", that is proof that eminem went crazy
I got the deluxe one off of iTunes so mine had a total of three bonus tracks.

The untitled one is pretty good. Has a cool corus. As for Em, he is just going off on it. Kind of like his despicable freestyle style.

"Ridaz" has a beat that reminds me of west coast gangsta rap. This track is so-so to me.

"Session One" features Slaughterhouse. This one is pretty sick and is definitely the better bonus of the three.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Just got the deluxe album. Just listened to Love the Way You Lie and No Love. I gotta admit, I'm liking the new Em.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts