Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on these? I am thinking of getting some soon - my intention being that they will replace having to wear base-layer pants, impact shorts and knee pads.

All I have found so far are these Forcefield Pro Pants | Forcefield Body Armour

Has anyone used these or any others? I would like to know if they offer good tailbone & knee protection, as well as being warm enough to replace base layers on very cold days (say -10c and below)

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Cheers! The Demon Flex D30 ones look pretty good. Between them and the Forcefield ones.

It's difficult to tell but the Forcefield ones look like they might be the warmer of the two.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Go with something that uses a hard shell. The RPT foam isn't very helpful on big impacts. Fine for the average fall but anything serious and you will want the fuller protection.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
I ordered the Demon Flex Force long's a week or so ago. I'm sure they'll be good, I have the flex force jacket and like it a lot.

Only issue for me is I sweat like a pig in the stuff. I have NEVER been cold since starting to wear armour! :blink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Poutanen. Would you be able to post up your opinions once your Demon Pants have arrived? I'm happy enough without hard shell protection - I'm not in the park that much so don't envisage any major hard landings! And the warmer the better for me :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1 on that, Can you tell me how the knee pads are. IDK about your knees but mine are horrible and I am in need of some serious knee protection this year

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Sure I'll report back once I've tried it. I slipped and smashed my knee once last year, hurt for about a month. And I hit a few small trees here and there. I think they'll be worth the $65 or so I paid! :yahoo:

·
Registered
730 Posts
poutanen.....odd question, but how bad does your stuff stink...? I ordered the vest on CC (thanks for the heads up) and i also have a sweating problem....can i expect it to smell like my hockey gear in a week or so?

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
poutanen.....odd question, but how bad does your stuff stink...? I ordered the vest on CC (thanks for the heads up) and i also have a sweating problem....can i expect it to smell like my hockey gear in a week or so?
My jacket stinks WORSE than a hockey bag. It's downright nasty! :blink: I wear a lululemon base layer under the upper armour, and maybe I should have gone for their "anti-stink" fabric.

The good thing with the demon stuff (not sure on other brands) is that you can pull out all the protection and throw it in the laundry. I should probably start washing it every few weeks instead of twice a year. It's bad! :dizzy::dizzy:

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
My jacket stinks WORSE than a hockey bag. It's downright nasty! :blink: I wear a lululemon base layer under the upper armour, and maybe I should have gone for their "anti-stink" fabric.

The good thing with the demon stuff (not sure on other brands) is that you can pull out all the protection and throw it in the laundry. I should probably start washing it every few weeks instead of twice a year. It's bad! :dizzy::dizzy:
Note that this is not the case for the higher-end D3O 1630 body armor - the plastic rib 'spines' and the spine pads are removable, but the D3O pads around the shoulders and upper chest are not. Supposedly still washable, but I suspect it will be a pain to get into the machine (at least with anything else in there).

·
Registered
307 Posts

Impact gear AND lululemon clothes? Jeeesus fuck man :giggle:

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Been thinking about getting some of these. A few questions about armor protection in general:

Are they unbearably warm? I'm in SoCal and its frequently around 40-50 F especially during Feb-March.

Do they restrict movement?

What are the other disadvantages?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts