Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi forum!

I gotta ask because I'm really not sure which board that will fit my riding style.

First some basics about me
177 cm high
75 kg
boot size 8

I have been riding for a couple of years but only 1 or 2 weeks per year. Most of the time I'm just having fun down the mountain. For me it's not about high speed it's more just to have fun and do some jibbing. I also ride a bit park as well and some small kickers but the main thing for me is that I can progress on it and have fun with it.

A couple of board I've been looking for is:
- DC Mega Ply 2014, 153
- Nitro T1 2014, 153
- Nitro Team "Gullwing" 2013, 152
- Rome Crossrocket 2014, 154

I'm aware of the differences with camber, zero camber and rocker, but what would you recommend for a guy like me?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
None of those would really be m first choice for you to be honest.

I'd look into the K2 Raygun, Bataleon Goliath, Signal OG Flat, Salomon Time Machine, or a Burton Process Flying V.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd look into the K2 Raygun, Bataleon Goliath, Signal OG Flat, Salomon Time Machine, or a Burton Process Flying V.
I like what I see and read about the Salomon Time Machine. Sounds like a fun board I think! What size do you think I should go for? 153 maybe?

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I'd go with a rockered profile or at least a camber-rocker-camber profile as they tend to be more fun/playful. I see no upside in traditional-camber for you at this point... I'd avoid it. Do you have anywhere near you that does demos? What does your local resort have?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'd go with a rockered profile or at least a camber-rocker-camber profile as they tend to be more fun/playful. I see no upside in traditional-camber for you at this point... I'd avoid it. Do you have anywhere near you that does demos? What does your local resort have?
By camber-rocker-camber do you mean something like Nitro Gullwing series? Snowboards | NITRO Snowboards

There isn't really anywhere near me who does demos. I would have loved the opportunity! Most of the brands that my local retailer has is Burton and Ride.
I have a "contact" to a shop in the UK and therefor I hope to find a board in their webshop: SNOWBOARDS Forum Santa Cruz Rossignol K2 Ride Capita Endeavour

I have been looking at this Nitro Team, from 2013: http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Nitro_TEAM_GULLWING_Hybrid_Camber_Snowboard_152cm_2013-(54454)
It should have the camber-rocker-camber profile, right?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
At 165lbs a 153 at the smallest at your level.

The Team Gullwing is a bit much at your level now, but would be good probably in a couple years for you. You're call.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Dear Morten,

My advice to you is that you stop snowboarding altogether. Your country is completely flat - take a hint. The havoc that you and your compatriots wreak upon Vallåsen and other resorts in Southern Sweden, aswellas the rest of Scandinavia and Europe, is inexcusable.

Yours,
The Swede :D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts