Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ridden both of these and can compare? I know that the goldfish was created in the image of the gentemstick, but I'm wondering if they are comparable as far as ride.

Any feedback would be great. Looking to add a snowsurf style board to the quiver.

Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I squeeze into size 8 boots, I wonder if that would be a touch wide. I normally ride ~260mm

·
Registered
396 Posts
How about this one?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah that's made for chicks or really really light dudes -- I'd love to try it, but I bet it would be too small for me.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I feel u man...good luck in finding some input. I’m in the market for something short, fat and surfy also.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It places between the rocketfish and bigfish. I've tried the bigfish, and it has some of the same specs, but a bit longer. Wouldn't sweat it too much, but as size 8 it won't be a board you can ride groomers all day with. The goldfish is similar enough, it seems to be built at the same factory and quality, but with cheaper materials. Bamboo like on those gentem boards is something special. Maybe the goldfish won't have the same snap through the nose, and be a little more tiresome to turn, but that's about it. The spec changes from rocketfish to goldfish could have evened it all out, and I'm pretty sure it's the closest thing to those gentem fishes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rip,

Thanks for the feedback. I ride groomers all day with an Amplid Surfari / pentaquark, but those are more high speed carving machines. Was hoping to find the right board to slow it down just a bit and try a bit more "snowsurf" style riding. Appreciate the feedback on the gentems.

Anyone else? Would love to hear your thoughts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts