Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else but I want to learn how to ski. (*everyone gasps*) Because look at how those graceful sons-of-bitches (I mean that in the nicest way possible) fly through the air. Skiers doing a triple cork vs snowboarders, skiers are like swans with their two-piece aerials (watch Bobby Brown in slow-motion)
while snowboarders are like diamond-plated-razor-edge-steel-goodness! and to be honest, I find skiing 10x easier because I grew up with inline skating for years. So would any of you give skiing a chance just for one run? or is a army of military grade snowboarders headed to my house as we speak?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was a skier for 20 years and after starting to board there is no comparison for me. Boarding is so much more fun. I'll still ski once in a while because I like some of the differences but I'm pretty much hooked on snowboarding.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's where it gets scary, I can inline skate, but roller skates and skateboards are a no-go.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I don't know about everyone else but I want to learn how to ski. (*everyone gasps*) Because look at how those graceful sons-of-bitches (I mean that in the nicest way possible) fly through the air. Skiers doing a triple cork vs snowboarders, skiers are like swans with their two-piece aerials (watch Bobby Brown in slow-motion)
Is that the same RB helmet he tried selling here?

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,522 Posts
A lot of people on this forum are ex-skiers. Some are still skiers. By definition the people on the snowboarding forum are going to be the people who like snowboarding.

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
I have considered it just for ease of touring but have pretty much just decided on just going with split boarding. It would take too long to get that good at skiing for the lines Id wanna ski.....

·
Registered
451 Posts
re: the video...

his takeoff looks lame, he looks like he's taking a shit in the air the whole time, and his landing and ride away looks super lame too.

i'm sure there are better examples than this, the video makes me happy that i decided never to ski again 15 years ago.

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
You rollerblade you might as well go do it and fully commit to loving the pole full time.
hahahah i was going to say something along those lines....

skiing is flail-tastic. anything they do that looks cool they stole from snowboarding without giving credit.

skiing sucks... but then again - so does rollerblading!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well someone has a dry sense of humor. I like comedic relief, when your sense of humor isn't as dry like a saltine cracker call me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's people like you and me who admire both sports instead of each side having their elitist douche bags

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
i like both. i keep meaning to get back into skiing (12yr break), but every time i go to finally pull that trigger on a new ski set, i get a new snowboard instead.

they're just so pretty...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'd love to get a pair of skis but when a decent pair is about 1k no thanks. Actually 1k would probably be a pretty shitty pair.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'd like to ski again, haven't done it in 20 years or so. Now that there's twin tip with rocker I think it would be a lot more fun than it used to be.

But I don't miss the boots :laugh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts