Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Im currently riding with the Burton Moto boa. But Ive used them for one season and want to chance, thinking about switching to step ons. However I dont know which boot to choose. Im 60kg and like all mountain riding, park, and piste. Anyone who have any idea? Ruler? Ions? Photons?

·
Registered
25 Posts
when choosin boots the size of your feet is much more relevant than your weight, measure your feet lenght in centimeters, it's much more accurate. I don't like step ons but i've had burton moto and ruler and the ruler were much better in my opinion. I tried Ions as well but i find them too stiff for park

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Hej! The best boots are the ones that fit your feet. Get your feet properly measured, and start trying (many) boots in the right size. Some will be narrow, some will be wide, some will crush your instep, some will be too roomy over your shins. Harder or softer boots are a personal preference, but if you are lighter rider you might want to look at softer boots. Either way, make sure the boots are heat moldable.

And down the rabbit hole we go...

·
Registered
25 Posts
hahahahah he's going to end up with a paralysis by analysis. If you liked the overall feeling of moto and want something better i'd say just get the ruler with speedlace system, they're cheaper than the boa version and are pretty good all mountain freestyle boots. Maybe try them in a shop first, what size do you have on the moto?
If you're a beginner/intermidiate i'd suggest to stay away from step ons, I tried them and I found them waaaay too responsive/stiff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts