Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - I just got a new pair of Ride Maestro's, that come with a 2.5 and 4.0 wedgie canted footbed. They come with the 4.0 already installed. Just standing in it here, it feels like a pretty big change to what I'm used to. But maybe it'll feel different once I'm out on the mountain.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to approach this? Should I start with the 2.5 and work my way up to the 4.0? Or just throw the 4.0 on and go ride until I'm used to it? All things being equal I'd prefer the 4.0 for the extra cushioning.

Thanks for your thoughts...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hopped on a friends board with cant last year and it didnt take any getting used to. Just more comfortable. I did have to adjust a bit since his stance is so wide but footbed wise it felt great. Not sure the angle though, whatever comes stock on Rides.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Go with whatever feels right. Four is way to much in my opinion. I think the only person that should use those is me cause I ride the widest stance on my board. But around two should be good.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Most people don't need anything more than 2.0 or 2.5. But its your call.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Yup. Just echoing everyone here.

Personal preference that you will only figure out by riding. Take both cant options with you. Don't be afraid to widen your stance a bit too.

2.5 is optimal for me. Anything over that is too much for me.

For reference:
I'm 5'9, 180lbs
23.5" wide stance at 18/-12

1 - 6 of 6 Posts