Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have been scouring thru forums, reviews and google to try and make an informed choice for my new snowboard :dizzy:

I only get to snowboard up to 18 days a year - Japan is the usual destination
This will be my third trip to the snow so my experience is not up there yet
I consider myself half intermediate/still beginner, Took a half day lesson half way thru last year's trip and improved incredibly and gained a lot of confidence.
This trip to Japan I hope to start doing tree runs and more powder too
We are going to spend 18 days in Nozawa-onsen this year and hoping to do Niseko the following year.
I currently have a Head Glam Rocka 147, but and thinking of getting a new board
As I said earlier I want to start doing tree runs and play more in powder, but am unsure of which board to get, initially I was/am considering NS Lotus, NS Raven and High Society Scarlet - would one of these be a good choice for what I want to do?
Can't help feeling I am getting information overload and confused about what I need, what I want and what looks pretty (give me a break I am a girl)
I had a much easier time researching for my BF and choosing his gear than I am for me - There is soooo much less info for womens boards
Board Demo is not an option for me as I live in West Australia so I am at the mercy of the internet - none of my girlfriends have seen snow so their input in of no avail either - would purely be based on looks :)
Can some one point me in the right direction?

·
The Swiss Miss
7,449 Posts
I had a much easier time researching for my BF and choosing his gear than I am for me - There is soooo much less info for womens boards
Couldn't you demo and buy a board on your trip? To get an idea what shape you like.
BTW: You dont NEED to get a womens board at all costs... you could also get a men's with rather narrow waist.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please excuse my ignorance but I have never created a thread on a forum before
How do I move this into the board section?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts