Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-post
Hi

I have been scouring thru forums, reviews and google to try and make an informed choice for my new snowboard

I only get to snowboard up to 18 days a year - Japan is the usual destination
This will be my third trip to the snow so my experience is not up there yet
I consider myself half intermediate/still beginner, Took a half day lesson half way thru last year's trip and improved incredibly and gained a lot of confidence.
This trip to Japan I hope to start doing tree runs and more powder too
We are going to spend 18 days in Nozawa-onsen this year and hoping to do Niseko the following year.
I currently have a Head Glam Rocka 147, but and thinking of getting a new board
As I said earlier I want to start doing tree runs and play more in powder, but am unsure of which board to get, initially I was/am considering NS Lotus, NS Raven and High Society Scarlet - would one of these be a good choice for what I want to do?
Can't help feeling I am getting information overload and confused about what I need, what I want and what looks pretty (give me a break I am a girl)
I had a much easier time researching for my BF and choosing his gear than I am for me - There is soooo much less info for womens boards
Board Demo is not an option for me as I live in West Australia so I am at the mercy of the internet - none of my girlfriends have seen snow so their input in of no avail either - would purely be based on looks
Can some one point me in the right direction?

I am about 5'6
Weigh 65kg (currently working on reducing that)
Boots-Burton Supreme size 8
Bindings -LTD LT4500X Medium
I don't, probably won't ever do park

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The cost of hiring/demoing a board/s in Japan makes it an expensive exercise
We are going to a traditional Japanese village so I am not sure I will have a lot of options are far as board choice goes

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link
Looks like a great board but thinking I might go hybrid as my current board is rocker as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Birds Of A Feather | CAPiTA Super Corporation

Let me know if you have any specific questions on the board. It was one of our most demoed boards this past February, and girls of all skill levels seemed to enjoy it. It's the women's version of the Defenders of Awesome, which was one of the most talked about boards in the past year or two.
Had a look around at the few reviews I could find and I don't think this is the board for me
I am looking for something more freeride than freestyle I think
The Jones Twin Sister looks like a good option and the there is the
Rome Gold which seems to tick all the boxes in what I could find about it, just concerned the flex may be too stiff

I want a board for off piste powder and trees, carving and cruising groomers
I first saw snow at the tender age of 44 and will be 46 next birthday - jumps aren't really that high on my agenda

·
The Swiss Miss
7,441 Posts
I want a board for off piste powder and trees, carving and cruising groomers I first saw snow at the tender age of 44 and will be 46 next birthday - jumps aren't really that high on my agenda
Maybe the Ride Farah? It's hybrid (mikro) camber, medium stiff, nice response. Easy to turn, chatter free if you want to charge, fun to ride in moguls. You can ride it aggressively but also just cruise on it and relax. All in all just a very nice all mountain board.

Haven't used it in deep pow since I bought it end of season but had 3 great days on it on groomers and sidecountry. Some pics over here (post #12) http://www.snowboardingforum.com/western-europe/77290-easter-pow-alps.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts