Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried those this combination?

I finally retired my Smith Vantage helmet after four years of use (lots of wear and tear which cummulated to the inner shell separating from the outer shell at the end of last season). I liked the helmet, but since they -still- haven't added MIPS to their "Asian fit" Vantage after four years, I decided to try other helmets and found two Giro that I liked (Range/Jackson) and fitted well and features MIPS.

My Oakley Airbrake (non XL) served me well, but it is pretty much coming toward the end of it's lifespan too (had to superglue the foam back together last season, and there are broken pieces) so I might end up having to replace it either during or at the end of this season. Given that I find them super easy to change lenses but they are discontinued, I will probably look at the XL first. Has anyone already tried them with Giro helmet? And hows the fit?

Other than the Airbrake XL, has Oakley released goggles with ease of changing lens in mind? I willl probably stick with Oakley unless nothing fit since I like their Prizm lens.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure if this is going to be of any help to anyone, but the Smith IO7 (my backup goggles) fits my Giro Jackson (size S), but leaves a big gap on my Giron Range (size M) [My head is kind of between size so I bought two different size on very good sales to give the two size a good try)]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little update for anyone who might be interested.

I tried a bunch of Oakley lens on the Giro Jackson, and for the most part they are okay. Since the rim is mostly flat on the Jackson (not sure why they opted for that shape), there is a bit of a gap around the corners. I think that the Fall Line XM fit a bit better than the Flight Deck XM (I have a fairly small head so I prefer the XM) in regards to that gap, but I suspect it is a non-issue either way.

However, the Anon M3, which is a bit more rectangular in shape seems to fit even better (the shop didn't have the M4, which I think might be bigger, so I am not sure if it is just the M3 that has such good fit). Still not sure if I want to give up Prizm now that I know what to expect with them (I am sure Sonar are great too, but they have more of them, and it might take a lot of trial and error to find out which lenses I will end up needing most).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts