Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Glade Adapt 2 Goggle Advice ?

334 6
Has anyone tried these goggles out?
I’m in the market for a pair of goggles and this is in my price range.
I like that they’re photochromic.
Do they fit well? I’m having a hard time finding much info/reviews online about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Photochromatic transition doesn’t work great in cold weather. The new transition formula is better but still slow when cold. Based on the price of the goggles from an unknown company I wouldn’t expect the latest and greatest in transition technology. I’d recommend pick up a clearance pair from a known goggle maker and adding a second lens

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got it in the mail. I had to return them because it isn't low bridge fit friendly (was suggested otherwise from an email correspondence from their website).

They seemed of a very good build quality to me.

I use the Smith Squad XL goggles currently (as big as they are, they are too narrow for me, the vertical height is good). The Adapt 2's are around that size, but wider. The foam looked high quality and so did the lenses. I did not take the film backing off of the lenses as I knew immediately they didn't work and I wanted to not screw around with goggles I was going to return.

The goggles and packaging did not remind me of a hack side-project to make some money to fund the mountain town dream sort of thing. They wouldn't have won awards on several gear review sites otherwise. I really wish they worked for my face shape!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
these look like the standard chinese knock off that everyone rebrands as their own? theyre certainly priced like it, id take my chances on some closeout goggles from the established brands like Bseracka said, just browsing real quick on evo.com theres a few sets of dragons, smith, anon, electrics that are in your price range, if you dont care about mag, smith lenses are some of the best Smith Squad XL Goggles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts