Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little torn between the Large and X-Large of a particular set of gloves (dakines).

Do dakines run a little small or large? I'm having a tough time since I kind of fall right in the middle of both in terms of hand measurement (more towards the large for palm size, but finger length would constitute an XL).

Should I bump to an XL or trip to a Large?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

The pair I am currently using shows a Junior Large on the tag. It is tight, but not to the point where I wouldn't use it. The gloves are quite old, so maybe the sizing scheme doesn't apply to the newer glove models out there now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Gloves are one of those things i'll only buy in person unless ive tried the exact model on and I know what size to order. Sizing can vary quite a bit even within the same brand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with RJRJRJ. Snowboard and ski gloves can really fit strangly and different from model to model, not just brand to brand. Most the gloves I came across have short fingers. I really don't understand why. I finally found a warm waterproof glove that allowed relatively great finger movement and good snow intrusion protection: Gordini Fuse. I was torn between sizes only because I didn't know whether I would use a liner with them or not. I decided against a liner and chose the smaller size. I tried a lot of gloves before I was able to select one. I suggest you get your hands in them before you choose the size or even that glove for that matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts