Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can I buy that actually keeps moisture OUT?
I always spray all my wear, boots and gloves with waterproof spray.
It seems to work on everything but the gloves because they have so many seams. No matter how much I use, they are always half soaked at the end of the day.

Does anything actually work?

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
I use my hestra with the protection juice they give you. They have wool liners which help too.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
My Dakine mitts keep me dry from open to close.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
having more than one pair of gloves?
+1
I've always a second pair with me. My gloves are usually wet cos of sweating (gore tex).

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I was almost gonna buy a can of spray shit for $15 bucks, I googled the product while I was in the store to see if it was any good?

Turns out they're pretty much all shit.

But I stumbled upon a write up of some dude who mixed clear 100% outdoor silicon caulk, with mineral spirits.

Then painted on the mixture & let it dry.

It works. 100% waterproof.:bowdown:
0% Breathable, can't have em both.:dunno:

I've only done 1 pair of shitty old gloves, but I've got shitty old jackets to try it out on too.

For the price, ya can't beat it.

Buddy started by mixing it in a bucket by hand:thumbsdown:
Someone wrote in, put it in a 2 liter bottle & shake it.:thumbsup:

TT

·
Registered
132 Posts
Been using candygrind gloves and mitts for a few years now, hands stay warm and dry even in the rain and spring slush. Both are leather I just tend to stick some leather balm on them once in a while.
How many days a year do you ride?

According to my shop friends, Candygrind are the worst and most returned gloves they sell.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Current gloves must have 40+ days on them and still keep my hands dry my mitts 30+ days so far and they're still great, have outlasted my ak oven mitts which started to let water in the seams after 20 odd days. I suppose it's how you look after them being leather they do need treating or they go dry and crispy.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The only thing I have done to my gloves to keep them continuing to keep my hands dry is wash them at the beginning of a new season with some NikWax tech wash. I use the 2 part system, where one part is a mild detergent, and the other part is a waterproofing replenisher. This has kept all of my outerwear functioning well.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
That's the one I read.
It works, 100% everything proof.
Like I said 0% breathable.

It all depends on how wet your snow is?
Lately it's been a mix of rain @ the base & snow higher up.
So, that tiny bit of sweat, is nothing compared to submerging your gloves in slurpee:dizzy:

If you've never been to instructables.com?
There is something for every type of person to build there.:thumbsup:

Search for headlamps, a couple of them are as bright as the sun.:unsure:

TT

1 - 20 of 24 Posts