Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

looking real long and hard at the Gnu Billy goat 2014.http://www.snowboardingforum.com/images/smilies/yahoo.gif

Looking for a board for free riding and pow. This suits me I like Mervin boards. I have an early 156 Carbon credit (bit stiff but a sweet ride).

Any way I am 49 yrs old and weigh 180 lbs and am 165 cm tall (not really a tall fella but solid).

looking at the weight guide lines the 159 will fit my weight as does the 162.
I dont wanting it to feeling like i am swinging a ladder around while I'm on the steep stuff.... http://www.snowboardingforum.com/images/smilies/WTF.gif

I was thinking along the lines of the 159, size wise. I understand I need some length for the pow, but the 162 keeps creeping into my head with the thought of shredding Japan with it. We spend most of our time in New Zealand and Australia.

So people help me decide the size..

thanks peeps

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I'm 54, 5"6" and 180# rode 159 goat split all last season...a tad too short for really deep days and a tad too much for packed and groomers...just right for "6-20" baker poo days. If you are in the 24" to 48"...go 162 or better yet get a big shovel nose/taper tail rock/cam pow specific stick...got a 164 Charles slasher for them days.

Billy is stiff length wise...in that if you land a bit heavy on the nose or tail it doesn't fold up and it will pop you back up...however it is torsionally soft, i.e., twist...which is great imho and loves/wants the nose to be in the fall line.

as for "I dont wanting it to feeling like i am swinging a ladder around while I'm on the steep stuff" the billy doesn't like to swing...it wants its nose in the poop chute...be prepared to shoot straight down the steeps...besides its deep pow...what could happen?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the billy doesn't like to swing...it wants its nose in the poop chute...be prepared to shoot straight down the steeps...besides its deep pow...what could happen?

how does it carve? ..... Love carving ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts