Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

GNU Carbon credit sizing help

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Luffe 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I have already ordered GNU carbon credit 162w but i am little bit confused about size. i am 188lbs (86 kg) and 6"0 (183cm) boot size 10.5 (EU 44) all mountain/freeride beginner-intermediate rider. There's only 2 options 162W ot 159W. Which one will suit better? I may cancel my order after your replies:)

#3 ·
From what I can read on their page, the 162w is listed at 7 flex and the 159w at 6 flex. The rest of the specs seems virtually identical. Recommended weight starts at 130/140 lbs for 159w/162w, so you seem to be in the middle of the weight range for those boards. I’d stick with the 162w for a little extra stiffness. If you are only riding park/ jibbing, maybe 159w would be more playful

Only disclaimer is that I’ve never ridden that board or that rocker profile. From my experience, buying one board for the last 10 years which was listed as medium/stiff and I’m in the middle of the weight range, the board feels like no more than a medium. But again, I’ve not ridden many boards.

Personally, I would have bought a camber dominant board with an early rise rocker nose for the all mountain/freeriding you are doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.