Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i was hoping i could get some advice from anyone with gnu experience.

I am looking to buy my second board for the upcoming season. I am intermediate to advanced i think... Have done two full winter seasons and like to ride off piste in deep powder and last season was starting to hit big kickers for grabs and 180s. Like speed too. I have been riding the rome vinyl which has been a great entry level board but i feel its time for an upgrade!

I like a bit of park mostly bigger jumps but dont touch rails/boxes too much but like to ollie and jib on pistes. Love powder so the boards gotta handle it reasonably well (altho ive gotten on ok just...with my vinyl). Im 5'6 and 58 kilos. Im pretty set on gnu as i have too many mates who rave but open to other suggestions and have narrowed it down to gnu b pro/ladies choice. Just wondering what people recmmend of the two. From what i can see the b pro is a bit stiffer which will be great for powder but im wondering if it might be too aggressive as i like a bit of freestyle flex. Just heading into my third season now so want a board that can progress my skills. Also wondering about size whether to go for 148.5 (currently ride a 149) or go a bit bigger at 151. Ay help would be most appciated ive become obsessed! Lol :laugh:

Thanks xx

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
I'd say b-pro. My wifes been riding one for a while and loves it. I've heard not so good things about the asymmetrical tech which the LC has, they say it makes it easier for beginners to initiate turns but for people charging it washes out, and since your not a beginner...
So for what you want to do the b-pro sounds perfect, but now you gotta decide between C2 or C3 camber. I'd recommend the C3, it will be better for going fast and going big. Plus you will still have the Vinyl if you ever feel like riding something on the softer side, but I doubt you'll ever go back.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Best I can recommend is stuff based on men's boards I've ridden. Of your options definitely the Pro. The Choice has the full pickle tech which is just wrong.

The Salomon Gypsy ( men's Villain) is an amazeballs board. Rode the Villain at steamboat on a 2 and a half foot day in a 153, crushed it. And it slays park too. One of the best boards I've ridden in the last decade.

Arbor Cadence. Women's Westmark. Its one of those boards where if I had to pick one board to ride for everything forever, it'd be on my list.

Flow Jewel. Men's Era. Same as the Westmark. Its a bit more precise than the Arbor with the camber under foot but just as versatile.

Then there is the Ride Hellcat. I rode the Machete GT, its closest brother, and honestly hated it. But Ride tends to have better luck with there women's boards and on paper the GT should have been money. I have no hesitation recommending the Hellcat. Total faith in its ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks for all the advice! I think b pro sounds like the way to go from all your comments.

Although the arbor cadence is a board i have been admiring for a couple of years it has such awesome reviews too!

Any advice on sizing for me? As i mentioned im 5'6 58 kilos and boot size womens us 8. I ride 149 now but dont know whether a longer deck might be better say a 151 as i do like pow. Or would 148.5 be better for a freestyle/free ride compromise?

Thanks so much folks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts