Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told myself "hit the box with a flat base, do not go on edge." As I approached it, I tried to keep my speed low and was going moderately slow when I decided to shed more speed... on the take off ramp. I landed on my toe edge and it instantly went out from under me, causing my right shin to scrape painfully down the box.

The scrape is about 3 - 4 inches long and has left part of my shin completely numb 3 days after teh fall. I think I'm done with boxes for this season.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
my first attempt at a boardslide on a box slammed me too. No injuries, but scared me.
I hit it next time down, but I wasn't bashed like you. Get some soccer shin guards and hit it again

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dude I got the EXACT same injury last season! Took a few weeks for the pain to go away when touched but it still feels numb a year later.

My recommendation is to buy yourself some shin guards before you ride next time and hit the box again with more speed, and concentrate on looking past the feature not down at your feet. I went out the following week and hit the same spot on my shin, but this time my guards saved me from something much worse (still hurt like hell though).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't even wait to heal. The box can smell fear.
:thumbsup::cheeky4:...I did the same exact thing last week except i slipped out on the top of a rainbow box...I thought i fucking snapped my shin at first but I just manned up, got right back on the lift, went right back to that box and got my sweet revenge by shreddin it!

IMG_1074.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
i did the same thing 2 days ago. Im doing boxes since a few days and i cant fix my mind to get enought speed. I end up at the end of the box trying to jump off of it and slipped right on that shin.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
729 Posts
I locked in a backside lipslide when I completely fucked my boardslide up... and was way too scared to correct or anything until I slid off.... just cross your fingers for me, because I haven't hit the box when I've fallen so far, and I don't want the bad juju:D

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
I locked in a backside lipslide when I completely fucked my boardslide up... and was way too scared to correct or anything until I slid off.... just cross your fingers for me, because I haven't hit the box when I've fallen so far, and I don't want the bad juju:D
haha! neither have I but my friend adam dinged his shin a few winters ago and put a freaking DENT in the bone. It was a dent for like 2 months. Gross.

I feel like I'm at the point where I have enough board control to get out of those situations I "locked" in to some super sketchy slides and I've bailed successfully from others just as sketchy in the last few weeks unscathed but I know eventually one of those rails is gonna take a bite outta my leg...

·
Registered
235 Posts
haha! neither have I but my friend adam dinged his shin a few winters ago and put a freaking DENT in the bone. It was a dent for like 2 months. Gross.

I feel like I'm at the point where I have enough board control to get out of those situations I "locked" in to some super sketchy slides and I've bailed successfully from others just as sketchy in the last few weeks unscathed but I know eventually one of those rails is gonna take a bite outta my leg...
yea its just a matter of time lol...but if you arent busting your ass you arent trying hard enough imo :p

oo yea and feel your shin bones...i bet they have lots of small dents and bumps in them (mine do anyway :laugh:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
That sucks man I know how it feels. I've slipped board sliding a box twice this year landed on my shins once and the other time on my back. It almost makes me want to put on some shin guards and a back protector.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well I landed on my ass today on that box, and it wasn't pleasant and I didn't like it, thank you for the bad ju ju. ....

bitches.:cheeky4:

·
Registered
235 Posts
maybe I'm just that good. did you consider that?

Nah... I'm definitely not that good just lucky so far :D
haha im pretty sure even the pros do it every once in a while...im sure things get a lot harder when you start spinning 270's and what not onto sketchy boxes :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
i landed on my butt to last day.. tks to skeleton pad which i just bought lol. It still hurts like hell.. but pain goes away much quicker and i can sit on it at the end of the day :D im looking for protec ips knees/shin. any idea on it? will it cover enough the shin area?

·
Registered
32 Posts
how is the injurie healing on your side? Mine was a small bump.. but i got some "swelling" (is that how you say it in english?" all over the shin. It goes off when i sleep.. and at the end the day, after ending my job, it comes back. I now have a small hole where its bleeding (not much) over time, i keep a bandage over it. Its not that painfull.. just like.. an annoying pain. Should i keep going or should i see the doc? (i think its just a bump.. but who knoes? )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts