Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
managed to clack my new oakleys pretty good today on a tree branch

anything out there to help heal em'? any links or ideas appreciated...i am very very sad right now, mourning

(lol)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
managed to clack my new oakleys pretty good today on a tree branch

anything out there to help heal em'? any links or ideas appreciated...i am very very sad right now, mourning

(lol)

Just a scratch? :blink: I have a crack I fixed with transparent tape on the inside lens...works fine.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its on the outside...borderline gouge, pretty deep, and of course right in my line of site dammit!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use Meguiars PlastX for plastic things like scratched up CD's, watch faces, headlights and some of my glasses and it works. I'm not sure if it's effective on deeper gauges and your goggles might have some sort of protective coating that might get damaged to. It's sold in most auo stores for not much if you want to try it.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice one joe77! at least it's worth a shot...even if it makes it a bit better...

Thanks!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I cant confirm this, BUT i have a set of HI yellows as well, scratched em to shit in the trees....or so i thought.

They looked EXACTLY like yours, thought they quite deep as well and i was 100% sure they were scratches. In trying to buff them out, it actually turned out to be sap or something....i scraped the "scratches" off with my fingernail using a microfiber cloth btw my nail and the goggle.

Not saying yours aren't scratches...just give it a whirl.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there a shame and embarassment emoticon? LOL...you were right Banjo, it was an outy, not an inny! (yeah!)...i had felt it, gingerly tried to clean it on the chair, and just ass-umed it was a gouge...so, i feel happy, but retarded, haha

thanks all!...maybe that product of Joe77 will be useful to someone who searches the forum for this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts