Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Goggles

353 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  SEWiShred
So I live in Michigan and it's usually grey af out when I board in the morning/afternoon. I have a yellow pair of spy goggles and a dark (black) pair and none of them seem to help! I have a hard time seeing any sort of depth with either pair! Is it color, is it me? Any help would be much appreciated ..
thank you all
So I live in Michigan and it's usually grey af out when I board in the morning/afternoon. I have a yellow pair of spy goggles and a dark (black) pair and none of them seem to help! I have a hard time seeing any sort of depth with either pair! Is it color, is it me? Any help would be much appreciated ..
thank you all
See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,207 Posts
If yellow isn’t working try a pink or rose lens. Color perception is really personal and what works for one may not work for another. I bought one of the new hotness pink Oakley lenses this year and have found it performs worse in low light for me, over rose and yellow. If you read the forums everyone swears by pink now. Unfortunately it’s can be an expensive game of trial and error in finding the best contrast color for you.

Side note: no matter what lens I swear there are flat light times that no color will make a difference

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If yellow isn’t working try a pink or rose lens. Color perception is really personal and what works for one may not work for another. I bought one of the new hotness pink Oakley lenses this year and have found it performs worse in low light for me, over rose and yellow. If you read the forums everyone swears by pink now. Unfortunately it’s can be an expensive game of trial and error in finding the best contrast color for you.

Side note: no matter what lens I swear there are flat light times that no color will make a difference
Thanks for your input! So true your last comment, my goggles seemed to work just fine! Maybe they have covid 🤷🏻‍♂️

· Registered
273 Posts
Dragon a while back switched to violet for their low-light Lumalens. For me anyway it is better than yellow at bringing out contours and i never would have thought to try it if it wasnt the bonus lens.

Everyone's eyes are different so you'll have to experiment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts