Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its no new news that a portion of the snowboarding community loves to fly high ;). from my experiences getting a little happy on the lift ultimately ends up with more slams and more time snacking in the lodge. from what a lot of people have told me. toking up greatly improves their style and makes them a better rider. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
I smoke dope.
It's not just a snowboarding thing.
I smoke dope.

Is that a proper haiku? Haha

1st slather up a zig-zag with honey oil, then spin one up.
The oil acts like water repellent, but it also makes it ridged.
They burn like cigars, slow with a real hot cherry.

You can smoke them whilst riding in blizzards.

Scroll down this post and there's a vid, with said lit honey oil joint.
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/western-canada/48803-vancouver-12-13-season-61.html#post759602
I don't even stop to smoke anymore, waste of time.
If someone wants in, they can just have one.

It actuals kills me to stop, stand around, bla blah.
Fuck it, I'm out. I got my own, I'll see ya @ the bottom.

TT

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
timmy we should do teh sherd sometime..

... although i prefer to save the dabs for the end of the day.

pretty much sativa doobs for me on the hill. usually sour d.

on a really good day snowboarding i like to smoke because i get so fired up i like to have it to help me chill and focus a little more... on a so-so or crapper day it makes shit less boring.

not going to drop names and blow anyone up but the top shredders of all time smoke der chron heavy 'pon de mountain.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,484 Posts
Back in the day,.... Oh yeah!

For me though, it was a total veg-out! There was no concentration, no focus! Just,.. "Oh WoW, Dooood! I am like, Sooo Burnt! Ala Spiccolli!! (Fast Times at Ridgemont, for all you youngsters!) Rappin' my head with my tennis shoe !!

High, I wasn't good for anything but some Zep, or Floyd on the 8 Track, (...yes, I'm that fracking old!) Put on the old headphones and zone with a bag of cheese doodles and some black light posters! LOL! Fuck, the 70's were tacky! Fun tho! ;)

I am honestly amazed by people who can function while stoned! (...a little dubious of those claims too, to be quite honest!). I was getting toasted back when you could still get a three finger nickle bag! (That's a $5 bag of weed, again for all you young pups!) ;) Back before all this "Super Weed! Our staples were the Columbian Gold, RedBud! Maui Wowie, Thai Stick, hash oil and a four foot high bong! :D

Ah, the good old days! Well, To each his, (or her!) own! Nowadays, just being on a snowboard gets me higher than shit! Not judging or moralizing, just the way it is, For me! So whatever your into, Shred Happy People!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hell yea bro. Got a joint rolled for the gondola uphill. After lunch i whip my pipe out and smoke a few bowls. By then im pretty tired and lazy so i just bomb downhill.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'm more of a drinker but one hit now and then makes that shit super fun. I just stay clear of dangerous park features and enjoy the ride. Now my other buddy has to take a hit every other run. It really helps his riding for some reason. I guess in the end, to each his own because everyone is different.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
As a stoner, everything is better when your high, until you stop getting high and realize that sober focus and energy helps progression much much more. I don't have any issues with smoking as a former pot head, and I'll have the occasional, but I like being sober when I'm riding hard. However, After lunch and beer, that's a different type of riding.

·
Registered
753 Posts
As a stoner, everything is better when your high, until you stop getting high and realize that sober focus and energy helps progression much much more. I don't have any issues with smoking as a former pot head, and I'll have the occasional, but I like being sober when I'm riding hard. However, After lunch and beer, that's a different type of riding.
THIS! I used to everytime I would ride, definitely made it harder to progress. Im surprised I didnt hurt myself being so zoned out.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
I used to do acid back in the day, it's not how you would think it would be.

You are focussed, almost to the point of blinders.

It's not until you get to the chairlift line, that's when you realize how fucked up you are.

Way, way to much comotion.

Had a wicked day @ Baker years ago on shroomies, we just put them in our chilli in a buns.
It's a pretty big meal so we put lots in thinkin' it wasn't going to do much.

I learned it doesn't matter how much food you eat, the only thing that mattters is how many mushrooms you injest.

TT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts