Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Na I'm kidding but I am pissy at myself.

Years ago I had a major tail bone slam on the ice, I'm talking donut sit for weeks kinda slam. Since then I still get ass aches when I sit for a long time, so naturally I am a bit hesitant to fall on my ass again.

So I bought some demon skin protective shorts from a certain retailer along with a helmet that I tried on locally.

I make the order beginning of this month. I wait 3 days, no ship. I contact them via chat and they say it's shipping that day, I'll get an update soon.

3 more days and nothing. Contact again and they say it's going to ship that day for sure. THEN I notice the helmet in my cart has changed colour!

Turns out even though they have this helmet listed in stock, it's not and it is backordered so without saying anything they just put a completely different colour in my basket.
Naturally I complain about this.
Now the good... they apologize and give me 50% off the wrong colour helmet (which I am going to sell btw, Smith Holt Park in black if anyone is interested). Also they price match some wrist guards I ordered as well. Ok I am appeased somewhat.

However now this priority shipping is taking forever, and today I went up no helmet and no butt pad, but the snow was AWESOME couple inches of fresh.

First run I do a 180 into switch faster than I should have and catch my egde and boom! Slam my head and ass into the ground. Toque flys off and the lens came off my POC lobs, lol. My B/f was a ways down as he didn't see me fall, so he's like 300 ft down the hill and I am rolling in agony, I sit up and start punching the ground.

Well now my ass is sore but I get up and keep going. I am worried this is gonna get worse if I hit the tailbone again, I am not sure if it is normal or it is sensitive due to my past injury.

My loving b/f saw me with no toque, goggles and smashing the snow with my fist and he said he thought I was "digging for something I lost". :dunno:

This is all this retailers fault. Damn you for making my ass ache. :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe it is all in your mind? Kind of like when you get a new car, you start noticing that car more. Since you smashed your tailbone to the extreme, you are now conciously worried that even a minor fall will make you need the dreaded 'donut' again?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Na I'm kidding but I am pissy at myself.

Years ago I had a major tail bone slam on the ice, I'm talking donut sit for weeks kinda slam. Since then I still get ass aches when I sit for a long time, so naturally I am a bit hesitant to fall on my ass again.

So I bought some demon skin protective shorts from a certain retailer along with a helmet that I tried on locally.

I make the order beginning of this month. I wait 3 days, no ship. I contact them via chat and they say it's shipping that day, I'll get an update soon.

3 more days and nothing. Contact again and they say it's going to ship that day for sure. THEN I notice the helmet in my cart has changed colour!

Turns out even though they have this helmet listed in stock, it's not and it is backordered so without saying anything they just put a completely different colour in my basket.
Naturally I complain about this.
Now the good... they apologize and give me 50% off the wrong colour helmet (which I am going to sell btw, Smith Holt Park in black if anyone is interested). Also they price match some wrist guards I ordered as well. Ok I am appeased somewhat.

However now this priority shipping is taking forever, and today I went up no helmet and no butt pad, but the snow was AWESOME couple inches of fresh.

First run I do a 180 into switch faster than I should have and catch my egde and boom! Slam my head and ass into the ground. Toque flys off and the lens came off my POC lobs, lol. My B/f was a ways down as he didn't see me fall, so he's like 300 ft down the hill and I am rolling in agony, I sit up and start punching the ground.

Well now my ass is sore but I get up and keep going. I am worried this is gonna get worse if I hit the tailbone again, I am not sure if it is normal or it is sensitive due to my past injury.

My loving b/f saw me with no toque, goggles and smashing the snow with my fist and he said he thought I was "digging for something I lost". :dunno:

This is all this retailers fault. Damn you for making my ass ache. :p
Wait... what do you mean toque!?!? :D j/k

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, that`s what you get for wearing a damn Tuque instead of a Beanie......:cheeky4:

Okay, in all seriousness. I had a bad tailbone slam my third day of riding. Here, 7 years later, it still hurts like a bastard when I do a butt slam. I think the sensitivity and ache may be something that you get to live with. It goes away completely pretty soon, but when you do land hard, you can sort of feel it all over again.
haha ya you are probably right, its not too bad today, the whiplash is worse. I will still feel better about having some impact shorts. Tailbones seem to never heal.

Honestly I think the toque saved my life. If I would have been wearing a propeller it could have jammed into my skull.

·
2,316 Posts
My hip still does weird clicky shit when I walk/hike long distances; overshot a jump, landed on the flat and washed out - Bam. Thankfully that seems to have been my worse SB injury, for the most part I just do a lot of ragdoll tumbles in the powder :laugh:.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My hip still does weird clicky shit when I walk/hike long distances; overshot a jump, landed on the flat and washed out - Bam. Thankfully that seems to have been my worse SB injury, for the most part I just do a lot of ragdoll tumbles in the powder :laugh:.
I need to take up drinking again, I seem to slam instead of ragdoll :laugh:

·
Registered
304 Posts
man this TUQUE vs beanie argument seems to be coming up a lot lately eh?

I'm just waiting for someone to ask if riding the pet polar bear to school is faster then taking the bus......

Obviously no one on here would ever ask that though I hope! haha

·
Registered
366 Posts
man this TUQUE vs beanie argument seems to be coming up a lot lately eh?

I'm just waiting for someone to ask if riding the pet polar bear to school is faster then taking the bus......

Obviously no one on here would ever ask that though I hope! haha
We're probably gonna quit it when the snow finally comes... And we can wear our TUQUES :)

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Well, that`s what you get for wearing a damn Tuque instead of a Beanie......:cheeky4:

Okay, in all seriousness. I had a bad tailbone slam my third day of riding. Here, 7 years later, it still hurts like a bastard when I do a butt slam. I think the sensitivity and ache may be something that you get to live with. It goes away completely pretty soon, but when you do land hard, you can sort of feel it all over again.
I had a nice butt but slam last April. I still can't sit in the same position for more than ten minutes in a hard chair... Have to switch cheeks, sit up straighter, recline more... I'm moving all over the place like a 6 year old that wasn't given his Ritalin dose that morning...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Had a pretty bad buttslam myself last year. Landed on hard ice (granted the whole slope was ice which was what caused the fall).

Long story short, I had to wobble myself to the bathroom after making it down the slope. Shat myself a little from the impact. It felt like needles shooting all the way up my back. I still have a little hard bump on my left upper side of my ass. Think I shifted a bone or something.

But yeah, there you have it. People do shit themselves when they fall hard enough.:D:D

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had a pretty bad buttslam myself last year. Landed on hard ice (granted the whole slope was ice which was what caused the fall).

Long story short, I had to wobble myself to the bathroom after making it down the slope. Shat myself a little from the impact. It felt like needles shooting all the way up my back. I still have a little hard bump on my left upper side of my ass. Think I shifted a bone or something.

But yeah, there you have it. People do shit themselves when they fall hard enough.:D:D

Egads... man

Well my stuff showed up. The demon shorts are decent but I do not need padding all over the short, it just feels bulky. Think I am gonna send them back. I already ordered an azzpad, if nothing else I can wear it on the outside so it's not restrictive (I have a really long jacket).

My ass is still in pain, if I try to butter it aches, and today I hit a huge lump of ice on my heel edge and the pain shot up my arse. It only happens in certain positions :laugh::laugh:

This sucks though can't do any jumps without pain. Oh well, maybe I'll go ask the clinic for some Oxycotin lollies. Think they would hand them out for snowboard butt-ritis? That's a real thing, man.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Shat myself a little from the impact

Really, what can anyone say after this, I think your post is just damned awesome. I truely think it'll be a long time until I see a better sentence than this on SBF.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts