Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a budget of 150, i ride freestyle all mountain and i was thinking about getting last years model of a boot for cheaper, any suggestions?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Depends, do you like stiff or soft? Boas, traditional or speed laces? PLenty of spots to order from for good prices on last years gear: Backcountry, 6pm.com (not a general gear site but I've ordered lots of shit there and they have it for cheap!), evo, etc. I'd def buy last years models. I just got some 250 dollar Burton Ambushes for 125 with free shipping from evo after I price matched them from another site.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would not recommend ordering boots online, or if you do at least try them on in the store first. Boot fitting varies so much from person to person so while someone will swear on a pair of 32s another might find them uncomfortable and prefer burtons.

For what it's worth I ride K2 Darkos and absolutely love them so i would recommend trying them on if you can find them in store. They have outer laces and boa for the liner which in my opinion is the best lacing method for all mountain riding as you can literally dial in your fit on the chair or even mid run. Not super stiff but not loosey goosey either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts