Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started snowboarding last year and rented a board but my brother is getting a new board and im getting his old one. i am concered it is too big because it is a 156cm board and im 5'7" and my feet feel to far apart. is that normal or is the board too big?

·
Registered
216 Posts
i started snowboarding last year and rented a board but my brother is getting a new board and im getting his old one. i am concered it is too big because it is a 156cm board and im 5'7" and my feet feel to far apart. is that normal or is the board too big?
Your weight plays a part in size.

I am 5'8, 71kg on a 153. I could go anywhere from 148 - 158 comfortably.

In terms of your feet being too wide apart - you can adjust the distance of the bindings to make it more comfortable; I currently have a 21" stance.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
i weigh about 150lbs (about 68kg)
Yup, boards are primarily picked by weight. 156 is a little long for somebody 150 lb that's trying to learn. Ideally you'd want something in the low 150s. That said I was a shrimp and learned on a 153. It can be done, but it'll be a little easier on you to learn on something shorter.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
You can ride the board and the bindings can adjusted to a more narrow stance. Because its a gift it will work but when you buy a board later on, buy closer to 150.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts