Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

221 - 240 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you think you can make your money back on them, why not!?

I'm wondering if those salmon/red Malavitas will look good with my Warpig (sick orange/yellow base)

I took a hit selling my Union Force bindings in favour of my Cartels (used for 3 weeks and sold for less than half of what I paid).

The Union toe straps kept slipping off my boots, much prefer the Burton toe straps that wrap around, and the 3D moulded ankle straps that stay off your binding when you're trying to get your boots in!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Burton have extended their performer programme (50% off all Burton, Anon and Analog goods online, usually for industry people and instructors) to healthcare professionals for a few months. So I got access, but sadly basically have everything I need already.

I've got a Warpig and a Korua Tranny Finder with some Cartels that I was planning on just switching between them. Only question is whether I should get some Malavitas for the Warpig and keep the Cartels on the TF. Probably overkill, but 50% is a crazy deal on some of this stuff.
Nice! Always wanted to try some malavitas. Maybe for the Pyre?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
I’m spending all my money on Tekashi 69 songs so no snowboards for me. That guy is the songbird of a generation.
/passes blunt

Nice! Always wanted to try some malavitas. Maybe for the Pyre?
Oops. I thought you knew about the offer from burton.

If you think you can make your money back on them, why not!?

I'm wondering if those salmon/red Malavitas will look good with my Warpig (sick orange/yellow base)

I took a hit selling my Union Force bindings in favour of my Cartels (used for 3 weeks and sold for less than half of what I paid).
I guess I'll be happy as long as I can get between what I paid for the burtons and what I paid for the unions in the end.

I had also bought a set of EST malavitas that I had hoped to put on my omni, but that's one of the boards I'm considering selling (with an old set of cartels), so those may basically be useless for me unless I put them on the yup....which has matching bindings I bought specifically for it lol.

I'm actually curious about trying the Strata and the STD bindings I picked up, but I don't want to lose half their price if I even mount them lol.

Malas will probably be a good fit for the guch, but may be too stiff for the niche ember... I doubt it but I feel like a softer 'surfier' binding may be in order.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Burton have extended their performer programme (50% off all Burton, Anon and Analog goods online, usually for industry people and instructors) to healthcare professionals for a few months. So I got access, but sadly basically have everything I need already.

I've got a Warpig and a Korua Tranny Finder with some Cartels that I was planning on just switching between them. Only question is whether I should get some Malavitas for the Warpig and keep the Cartels on the TF. Probably overkill, but 50% is a crazy deal on some of this stuff.
I'm guessing I qualify, how do you get the discount?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, I have that too... It's making me debate buying cartels and vitas in order to sell the 2ish sets of unions I'd bought at a local shop before everything shut down. I have a few non-est boards in the rotation now and was hoping to pick some reflex stuff up for them.

Had bought strata's for the iguchi pro camber but... having second thoughts and thinking about going malavita now.
I excitedly signed up for that only to find they had nothing I wanted in stock/in my size. I also was going to buy a flight attendant split, only to find they are excluded from the program.

·
Registered
943 Posts
So the thing about the Stratas is that they’re not really “softer” in flex as far as high back or straps are concerned. I’d put them smack in middle of All mountain. What the difference is - is that the entire binding moves around with you. I didn’t like it personally but if you’re looking for something with lots of lateral movement that’s still relatively responsive heel to toe that’s what you’re getting with the Strata.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
I don't really have any strong feelings about the lateral movement. I've just been pretty happy with the burton bindings I've used so far I guess I don't really know what I'm missing out on if anything.

I really like the idea of getting a more playful binding if I loosen the straps a few clicks. The new burton straps really make that possible imho.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So the thing about the Stratas is that they’re not really “softer” in flex as far as high back or straps are concerned. I’d put them smack in middle of All mountain. What the difference is - is that the entire binding moves around with you. I didn’t like it personally but if you’re looking for something with lots of lateral movement that’s still relatively responsive heel to toe that’s what you’re getting with the Strata.
Is that just because of the Mini disk?

·
Registered
943 Posts
@BoarderHack89 yes and no. Theres plenty of mini disk bindings with less movement. Its more to do with whatever the base of the binding is made out of, Its very compliant so I found that the binding would "move" around with my boot. Its definitely a good execution of what they were going for, which I believe is a freestyle binding that can absolutely ride the whole mountain but I throw my weight around alot and often in crap conditions where all that play made me feel sloppy - its just not for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Should I be pissed off that neversummer sent me what was supposed to be a new board(from the 24 sale) but ended up coming with factory damage that they caused on purpose? Apparently it's what they do with boards sold under msrp (lie); which I only found out after they told me that it's what they do to boards sold as used. Yes, mad.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Should I be pissed off that neversummer sent me what was supposed to be a new board(from the 24 sale) but ended up coming with factory damage that they caused on purpose? Apparently it's what they do with boards sold under msrp (lie); which I only found out after they told me that it's what they do to boards sold as used. Yes, mad.
You must have bought the rockboard edition. Usually have to pay more for that, a board you can use in bad conditions without worrying.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seriously? I’d be pissed for sure... call me old-fashion (or just old) but it’d be my last NS board.
I’m sure there are some who’ll say it’s ok. Good for them. I don’t agree though.

221 - 240 of 286 Posts