Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

241 - 260 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Seriously? I’d be pissed for sure... call me old-fashion (or just old) but it’d be my last NS board.
I’m sure there are some who’ll say it’s ok. Good for them. I don’t agree though.
They scarlet letter'd my brand new board. I know it's not much but it's still bullshit. What if I need to sell before I ride it? It's marked as used essentially.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok, I thought it was much worse than that based on what you wrote (or how I read it).

It's not that bad to me (still sucks though, I'm not excusing them) and it's not like it'll get worse from use either.
How many people out there will be looking for this sign//branding when/if they buy it from you? Again, I know that if anybody questions it you'll end-up looking like a liar (who would a potential savy buyer belive? the company or you?) so it's bad.

If you get to keep the board for yourself and ride it, it'd not be such a big deal to me. However, if you try to sell it it sucks (which is, I assume, why they do this: try to avoid undercutting themselves in the market).

To sum up my position:
-Would I ride that board and be happy with it? Yep.
-Do I approve? No.
-Would I do business with them a gain after that? Honestly no. If the company sells their boards on sale at the end of the season, it's not your problem that it comes out much cheaper and that you could end-up making a profit by selling it new by the next season's start. If it's such a big concern for them just avoid selling them that cheap to begin with instead of screwing the consumer of potential re-sale... but that's just me.

I hope you enjoy the board!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok, I thought it was much worse than that based on what you wrote (or how I read it).

It's not that bad to me (still sucks though, I'm not excusing them) and it's not like it'll get worse from use either.
How many people out there will be looking for this sign//branding when/if they buy it from you? Again, I know that if anybody questions it you'll end-up looking like a liar (who would a potential savy buyer belive? the company or you?) so it's bad.

If you get to keep the board for yourself and ride it, it'd not be such a big deal to me. However, if you try to sell it it sucks (which is, I assume, why they do this: try to avoid undercutting themselves in the market).

To sum up my position:
-Would I ride that board and be happy with it? Yep.
-Do I approve? No.
-Would I do business with them a gain after that? Honestly no. If the company sells their boards on sale at the end of the season, it's not your problem that it comes out much cheaper and that you could end-up making a profit by selling it new by the next season's start. If it's such a big concern for them just avoid selling them that cheap to begin with instead of screwing the consumer of potential re-sale... but that's just me.

I hope you enjoy the board!
Yea I basically feel the same way 100%. Ugh fuck it then least this board was cheap and I'll take pleasure in smashing it on the slope. Haha #dramaqueen

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Korua Otto and Tranny Finder for £209

Dang.... That's like... about 280 shipped US. I didn't realize that their MSRP was 350 gbp though. So the sale is like 40% off.

I thought these would be harder to pick up in the US. This seems pretty easy though! Shocked more folks on here don't have them!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I remember being 12 or 13 and the sneaker store near my school was closing down and they slashed all the sneakers with a knife before putting them in the trash. Was kind of a wake up call to the realities of capitalism but still annoys me to this day.

Didn't stop me running around in slashed up ASICS for the next six months tho : )

·
Registered
55 Posts
I remember being 12 or 13 and the sneaker store near my school was closing down and they slashed all the sneakers with a knife before putting them in the trash. Was kind of a wake up call to the realities of capitalism but still annoys me to this day.

Didn't stop me running around in slashed up ASICS for the next six months tho : )
I got into snowboarding at age 12 because a friend knew a guy who worked at a local snowboard manufacturer who drilled holes in the middle of the boards which allowed him to sell them personally as "defects" for $50. A bit of epoxy and my first board was born.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
That's awesome! Glad that worked out for you!

I just opened the boards from niche: the ember for me and the sonnet for my gf. They look great and feel really light!

May end up picking up something else from them next season if they do another sale depending on how these hold up.

The ember feels about mid stiff, which will be great for a 'surfy' pow board imho.

Stoked!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
My local boardshop has 40% off Boards, Boots and Bindings, pretty good selection. Vices for $200cad is very tempting!

·
Registered
611 Posts
My local boardshop has 40% off Boards, Boots and Bindings, pretty good selection. Vices for $200cad is very tempting!

Hmmm, shipping to the US is kind of offset by the conversion. I don't need anything, I don't need anything...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

Gee $Ca432/$Au474 for Burton Custom. Pretty cheap

·
Registered
68 Posts
Canadians:
-Good deals at sportinglife.ca. Just got a pair of Cartels for 210$ (create an account and use "1storder" coupon for an extra 10%... that made my Cartels 217$ with taxes and free shipping). Got a Gnu Headspace for 318$ in response to my whole "damn I can fit in 9.5 instead of 11 boots" epiphany.
-Great deals and plenty of stock at Corbetts.com. They're amongst those businesses who don't charge the provincial taxes to people outside of Ontario. Makes great deals even a bit better. Got a huck knife for 288$ and my k2 formulas for 162$.
-Skiis and Biikes are great too. That's where the ridiculousness of the end-of-season deals started for me with an Assassin for 265$ in early march...

**Note: All prices are in CAD$, taxes not included. Free shipping over 100$ in all three sites.
***I have no clue if any of these sites ship outside of Canada.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Burton have extended their performer programme (50% off all Burton, Anon and Analog goods online, usually for industry people and instructors) to healthcare professionals for a few months. So I got access, but sadly basically have everything I need already.

I've got a Warpig and a Korua Tranny Finder with some Cartels that I was planning on just switching between them. Only question is whether I should get some Malavitas for the Warpig and keep the Cartels on the TF. Probably overkill, but 50% is a crazy deal on some of this stuff.
I took advantage of this and picked up a Custom Camber. Couldn't say no given the discount...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
I'm over the board hoarding... My niche ember looks awesome and gfs niche sonnet looks nasty with the magnetraction.

Time to go blow money on cycling shit!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm over the board hoarding... My niche ember looks awesome and gfs niche sonnet looks nasty with the magnetraction.

Time to go blow money on cycling shit!
My son just got his first bike and I'm on the cusp of getting into mountain biking, but holy crap, it's infinitely more complex than snowboarding regarding gear. And expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 286 Posts